08; Drowning

Beverly opened the door to her motel room, wrinkling her nose as the smell of mildew and cigarette smoke.  She ended up being put in a room by herself seeing as there was an odd number of girls on the team, just about all of which were too freaked out by her or thought she was a bitch. She wasn't complaining though, she didn't like them either.

She threw her bag on one of the beds, unzipping it and rifling through it until she found a faded Altoids tin and a lighter. She flicked open the tin and pulled out a tightly rolled joint, bringing it to her lips and lighting it.

She hadn't smoked in a while, but after the day she had it was very much needed. Unfortunately she only got to enjoy a few inhales before a knock sounded on the door, making her grab the hotel provided ash tray and stub it out.

"Come in." Beverly coughed, sliding in front of the evidence. Coach Finstock walked in, his eyebrows raising at the smell of her room. "Oh, I was just saging the room. Y'know, dispelling any bad energies."

"Hand it over." Finstock shook his head, holding out his hand. She sighed and grabbed the joint, dropping it in his hand. "I'm going to have to confiscate this, and uh, dispose of it. I'm also going to need to borrow-confiscate- your lighter."

Beverly rolled her eyes and handed him her lighter, her high ruined before it even kicked in. "Are you gonna tell my mom?"

"I won't if you won't." Coach shrugged, lighting the joint and taking a hit. Bev watched in disbelief as he exhaled, nodding to her before opening the door. "See ya kid."

"See ya." She groaned as the door shut and grabbed her phone, groaning again when she saw she had no service. "Fantastic."

She decided that she desperately needed a shower, even though after being thrown up on she was convinced that she would never feel clean again. She walked into the bathroom and flicked on the light, stripping down to her underwear.

Beverly reached for the faucet, pausing when she heard a noise. She could have sworn it sounded like a baby crying, but she shook it off and turned on the shower. She took off her underwear as it heated up, stretching for a moment before getting in.

The hot water was relaxing, Beverly letting out a long sigh as she let the water soak into her hair. She reached over and grabbed one of the tiny free shampoos that the motel left out, dumping the whole bottle into her hands and lathering it into her hair.

She closed her eyes and leaned back into the water, feeling the soap run out of her hair slowly. She suddenly froze, images invading her mind.

"Stop, just stop. What do you want? I don't know what you want. Quiet!"

A mother, her eyes tired and distraught as she turned on the bath water. The baby was screaming and flailing, making the mother's jaw clench.

"It's time to sleep. We're both going to sleep now."

She took a deep breath and plunged the baby under the water, holding it there as the baby screamed into the water. After a few moments the baby ceased its movement, a smile forming on the mother's face.

Beverly suddenly felt like she was choking on water, coughing wildly as she blindly felt for the faucet. She couldn't see any of her surroundings, just the images.

Boyd walked into the bathroom, a blank look on his face as he shifted the safe in his arms. The bath was already full, Boyd walking over and standing with his back to the tub.

He slowly lowered himself back into the water until he was completely submerged, his face calm. After a few moments he began to thrash around, fighting against the heavy metal safe. It held him down, keeping him from getting any air.

Beverly let out a gasp, her hand grabbing onto the cheap plastic shower curtain as she fell. The curtain ripped from its rings, folding around her as she fell onto the bathroom floor.

She winced at the pain, slowly dragging herself towards the door. She grabbed onto the counter and pulled herself up, her breathing ragged and heavy.

"I have to tell someone." She choked out, scrambling for the clothes she had left on the floor. She yanked the yoga pants over her wet legs, careful not to slip and fall as she jumped around. Bev grabbed her shirt and yanked it over her head, her wet hair soaking the fabric.

She didn't even turn the shower off or put on shoes before running out of the bathroom and opening the door to her motel room.

Beverly knocked on the door next to hers frantically, letting out a frustrated cry as she received no answer. All the doors in the hall that she tried had the same response, absolute silence. She ran down the stairs, her hands shaking as she ran into someone's chest.

"What's wrong, whats happening?" Stiles asked, his hands gripping her shoulders tightly. Both he and Lydia looked at her in fear as she struggled to breath, trying to find her words.

"He's gonna kill himself." She choked out, her hands grabbing Stiles's biceps. "He's gonna kill himself ."

"Who?" Stiles questioned, his eyes searching her face as she trembled. He shook her lightly, making her flinch. "Who? Who is gonna kill himself!"

She looked up at him, her eyes shining as she wet her lips. She opened her mouth, her next words making the two other teens freeze.

"Boyd. Boyd is going to kill himself."

_______________________________

Not edited

So over the past week or two, I think I've updated all of my books, oof.

IM BACK AND BETTA THAN EVA

Rip to all my readers who probably deleted my books from their libraries bc I took so long to update

Also, shameless self promo:
If any of you guys know or care about the Dolan twins, I recently posted a new Grayson Dolan fic that you should definitely check out ;)

Vote and comment!!!

Brea xx