10; Without Hesitation

"I don't wanna know." Coach Finstock stops with his hands on his waist, watching the five teens slowly wake up. "I really don't wanna know. But in case you missed the announcement, the meet's cancelled, so we're heading home. Pack it in. Pack it in!"

Beverly rubbed her eyes as she sat up, watching Ethan sit next to Scott. She couldn't hear what he was saying from where she sat, his voice was too low. She watched Stiles butt into their conversation, whatever he said making Ethan roll his eyes.

She watched in confusion as a look of shock spread across Scott's features, Ethan getting up and walking to the back of the bus. He sat next to Beverly, making her give him a quizzical look.

"What was that all about?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at him. Ethan didn't answer, avoiding eye contact. "Or just continue to keep things from me, that works too."

"I'm sorry." Ethan said, giving her an apologetic look. "There's just been a lot happening, that I can't tell you about."

"What?" Beverly asked, Ethan just looking down at his hands. "Like the fact that you and Aiden are werewolves?"

Ethan looked up at her with wide eyes, making her scoff and shake her head. "How did you know?"

"I didn't, until you just confirmed it." Beverly's tongue swiped the inside of her cheek, the girl looking up at the ceiling of the bus. "As it turns out, Scott, Isaac, Boyd-all werewolves. And it got me thinking, why do they hate you so much? And then, it clicked. You and Aiden are freaking werewolves."

"Keep your voice down." Ethan whispered, his eyes glancing over at Danny. She gave him an expectant look, making him sigh. "Yes, fine. I'm sorry that we kept it from you, we just didn't want you getting hurt."

Beverly stared at him for a moment before rolling her eyes and taking a deep breath. "Fine, you're forgiven. But you are on friendship probation."

"I'll take it." Ethan nodded, making her laugh.

"Stilinski!" They looked up to see Finstock yelling at Stiles, who shut the window forcefully. The bus started to move, and Beverly glanced out the window to see coach's whistle on the ground. "I'm going to murder you!"

Beverly let out a yawn, pulling out her headphones and plugging them into her phone. She put the earbuds into her ears, pressing shuffle on her playlist. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes, taking deep breaths as she willed herself to sleep.

After about fifteen minutes Ethan checked to make sure she was sleeping, nudging her softly. Beverly just made a face in her sleep, snuggling closer to the window.

Ethan pulled out his phone, clicking on his brother's contact.

Ethan:
She knows

Aiden:
What???
What do mean, she knows?

Ethan:
She knows about werewolves
She knows about us

Aiden:
Are you fucking kidding me, this is the opposite of what we need

Ethan:
What do want me to do about it? Wipe her memory and leave her broken and alone?

Aiden:
Don't throw that in my face
It was the only way to protect her, and you know that

Ethan:
I know.

Aiden:
If she starts getting involved, it's just going to piss off Deucalion
He may have given us leniency once, I doubt he'll do it again

Ethan:
We can't avoid her. If we do that, she'll just push even harder you know that better than anyone

Aiden:
Trust me, I'm aware
If anything happens to her...

Ethan:
Aiden don't even think like that

Aiden:
I won't let her get hurt
Even if it's the last thing I do

Ethan:
Would you really die for her?

Aiden:
Without hesitation.

•••

"It's gotta be her." Isaac said in a hushed tone, all of them looking to the back of the bus. Beverly sat with her headphones in, sleeping as she used Ethan as a pillow.

"I don't think so." Scott shook his head, turning back to look at his friends.

"Think about it." Isaac kept his voice low, ticking his reasons off on his fingers. "She shows up, out of nowhere, looking exactly like Erica. She knows the twins, who are obviously evil. She knew that Boyd was going to kill himself."

"She said that she saw it in a vision." Lydia said quietly, all of them turning to look at her.

"When did she say that?" Scott asked, shifting in his seat.

"Last night, when Stiles went to go get the flares from the bus."

"And you believe that?" Isaac challenged, raising his eyebrows.

"I do." Lydia nodded, the look on her face showing that she was serious. "I think, that she just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I think she's like me, whatever I am."

"But you don't have visions." Stiles pointed out, making her sigh.

"We obviously have something in common. We hear," Lydia paused, shooting Stiles a cold look. "Or see things that none of you guys can."

"Whatever she is, or isn't," Scott said, his eyes drifting to the back of the bus. "We need to talk to Deaton. He obviously knows something, considering that he is her emergency contact."

"Then we go see the witch the second we get back." Isaac said, rubbing his hands together. "And if she is an evil, homicidal Darach, we kill her."

___________________________

Not edited

Theories, theories, I want to hear them!

Also, I find it hilarious how Bev is literally shipped with everyone, I love you guys

Next chapter, be prepared to find out the truth about Beverly.

Vote and Comment!

Brea xx