16; I Don't Have Anyone

Beverly tried to keep her teeth from chattering as she stood in front of the high school, glancing over at the banner hanging just outside the door.

Beacon Hills High School Memorial Concert: Lives lost but not forgotten.

"Aren't you cold?" Aiden chuckled as he walked up, taking in her huddled figure. She was only wearing a thin long sleeve, the girl hugging herself as she shivered. "Here."

"Aiden." Beverly tried to protest, but he was already shrugging off his jacket and holding it out to her. She just stared at him, his eyebrows raising to signal that it wasn't a suggestion. "Fine."

She let out a huff and took the jacket, slipping her arms into the sleeves and hugging it around her. Aiden put his hand on the small of her back and led her inside, the air only warming up a little bit.

Beverly stopped and looked up when she felt Aiden freeze, following his gaze. Ethan reached into his pocket and pulled out a package of mints, taking one and holding it up to Danny's lips. He took it, Ethan telling him something and giving him a serious look.

"Hey." Beverly nudged Aiden, making him look down at her. "Let him be happy."

Aiden sighed and tore his gaze away from the couple, looking down at Beverly. "Where are you sitting?"

"Front and center, with my mom." Beverly pointed towards the tall blonde woman, who was dressed in slacks and a white blouse. Mandy scanned the crowd, her face falling when she saw Beverly standing with Aiden. "She doesn't look happy, I better go."

"Uh, yeah." Aiden cleared his throat, unable to break the uncomfortable stare that they held from across the auditorium. Beverly stood on her toes and gave him a quick peck on the lips, Aiden flinching internally knowing that her mother was burning holes into him with her eyes. "Have fun."

"Yeah right." Beverly rolled her eyes playfully, trudging over to her mom. Once she finally made it through all the people her mother stopped staring at Aiden, giving her a tight smile. "Where are we sitting?"

"About that." Mandy said slowly, smoothing her daughters hair back. "The music teacher called in sick, and I'm the only one who knows the song on piano so I have to fill in."

"Does that mean I don't have to sit in the front row?" Beverly asked hopefully, her mother looking down at her with a look that told her her exact answer. "Fine, I love you."

"I love you too." Her mother rested her hands on Beverly's shoulders, the woman bending down to kiss her on the top of her head. The lights flickered on and off, signaling showtime. "I have to go, it's starting. Sit there."

Beverly sat in her designated seat, watching as her mom got up and walked over to the piano. She sat down, her blonde hair pulled back into a tight bun as she waited for the conductor to signal for her to start.

The music began, Beverly shifting in her seat as the somber tune filled the auditorium. She recognized the song, it was one that she had been to lazy to finish learning.

Beverly craned her neck to look behind her, making eye contact with Aiden. She gave him a small smile, the boy returning a nervous one before she turned back around.

Slowly but surely the music picked up its pace, Beverly furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. The choir no longer seemed to be harmonizing, but instead chanting. Everyone around her seemed just as confused, Beverly watching her mom with furrowed brows.

The music took a dark turn, the conductor growing more exaggerated and jerky in his movements. The band, choir, and even her mother all wore blank faces, almost as if they were under a sort of compulsion.

Beverly leaned forward in her seat as she watched her mom begin slamming down on the keys, people starting to murmur around her. The next few moments happened so fast, Beverly didn't even have time to breathe.

The piano wire suddenly snapped, snaking out and slashing Mandy across the throat. Beverly's heartbeat pounded in her ears as she watched her mother fall back against the wood floor, blood splattering across the ivory keys.

Beverly didn't even flinch as she felt a few drops land on her face, her breath caught in her throat as she sat frozen.

The crowd around her burst into a panic, the music stopping abruptly and replaced by screaming. People around her shoved their way past one another, fighting to get out, but Beverly couldn't move.

It was like she was made of stone, her eyes never leaving her mother. Blood slowly pooled around her as a thick white substance spilled out of her mouth, jarring against the deep red.

Allison ran up to the stage, her eyes wide as she examined the body.

"Mistletoe." She whispered, looking back at her dad. Her gaze drifted past him, landing on Beverly. She pushed past him, kneeling down in front of her and waving her hands in her face. "Beverly?"

Beverly didn't budge, Allison looking up at her Dad in worry. She snapped her fingers in her face, but got no response.

"She's in shock." Argent said, Allison reaching forward and grabbing her shoulders. Beverly flinched, but she just couldn't look away.

"Beverly, can you hear me?" Allison tucked her dark hair behind her ear, her eyes scanning the blonde's face intently.

"I saw it."

"What?" Allison leaned forward, turning her head so that she could hear her better.

"I saw it." Beverly's voice came out almost a whisper, finally tearing her eyes away from the scene. "I saw the blood on the piano."

"I know, Bev." Allison nodded, rubbing her arm. "We all did."

"No." Her voice cracked, taking a shaky breath. "I saw it."

"Beverly, do you need us to call anyone?" Chris asked, Beverly wetting her lips and looking back at the stage before she spoke.

"I don't have anyone."

_________________________

Not edited

This is for future reference, I'm not gonna say what it's for, but y'all are smart. So comment on your preference lol:

- Isaac

- Stiles

ALSO, I AM GOING TO START DOING A MANDATORY AMOUNT OF COMMENTS ON EACH CHAPTER BEFORE I UPDATE AGAIN AS AN ATTEMPT  TO MAKE YOU GUYS ACTIVE IM SORRY

10-15 comments before next chapter

Vote and Comment!!!

Brea xx