06; Ah, Fuck

"You did what?"

"Stole files from the office." Stiles answered quickly, keeping his voice down. "Well, Isaac stole them, I just kept watch because I think it's an invasion of privacy-"

"Since when do you care about invading people's privacy?" Allison raised an eyebrow, Stiles shooting her the evil eye.

"Since she made out with him in the hallway." Scott leaned back in his seat with a grin.

"She kissed you?" Lydia straightened up in her chair, crossing her arms. "You just go around kissing the enemy now?"

"We don't even know if she's the enemy!" Stiles hissed, his face turning red.

"Yet." Isaac pulled the file from his bag, the whole group's eyes widening at how thick it was.

Hidden in the privacy of the back of the library, the group went through Beverly's file. Except Stiles of course, who wasn't suspicious of someone for once.

And it totally had nothing to do with her make out skills-so he said.

"She lit a podium on fire, that's why she transferred here." Isaac read off, resting his chin on his hand. "Before that, she filled their mascot's head with shaving cream and glitter."

"She got in three fights at her last school." Lydia raised an eyebrow, leaning back in her seat. "Five at the one before."

"After her dad died, her behavior just went down hill." Scott explained, yawning quietly. "She even got caught smoking pot in the bathroom twice."

Allison sat up quickly, staring at the document in her hand. "Guys, look at her emergency contact."

She set the paper in the middle of the table, everyone crowding around it to read one name.

Alan Deaton.

● ● ●

"You're absolutely positive that you're alright?" Bev's mom asked for about the eighth time.

"Yes, Mandy." Beverly sighed, reaching into her fries. "Oh! Surprise curly fry!"

"I'm just not comfortable leaving you alone." She folded her hands, worry creasing her face.

"Wrinkles, mother." Bev reminded, tutting quietly. "Wrinkles."

"I see you have not lost your sense of humor ." She shook her head, standing up and grabbing her purse. "I just have some things to finish up at the school."

"Yes, warden." She sat up straight and brought her hand to her forehead in a salute. "Go clean your whips and man the prison."

"Eat your fries." Her mother scolded, closing the door behind her.

The second that door clicked shut, her joking demeanor fell. She refused to admit it, but she was exhausted.

She had tried to nap, but every time she closed her eyes, she could only picture that scarred face and Isaac's eyes.

Bev dropped her fries on the counter, her stomach churning. She rubbed her face, wincing at the strain it put on her wrists.

Pushing herself away from the table, she got up and made her way back to her room. All she wanted way a nice, hot shower to clear her head.

She flicked on the light of the bathroom, reaching into the shower and turning it on. She stripped off her clothes before slowly removing her bandages, wincing as it tugged at her skin.

Beverly hummed to herself, stepping into the shower and letting the water mildly scald her skin.

She washed her hair, letting the water flow down her face.

She had been washing her body and carefully maneuvering her way around the healing cuts when she heard a crash in room, making her jump.

She hissed in pain, the jolt causing her to scrape the loofah down her arm.

Beverly turned off the water and grabbed her towel, wrapping it around her before grabbing her hair dryer. She crept slowly towards the door, reaching for the handle.

In one swift motion she yanked it open, throwing the hair dryer at the person invading her room and personal space.

"Wha-" She gasped, holding her towel tightly. "Aiden what the actual fuck?"

"I wanted to check up on you." Aiden rubbed his head, moving the hairdryer to the side. "Good aim, by the way."

"Did you come in through the window?" She looked at him with wide eyes, shaking her head. "Are you insane?"

"A little," He paused, nodding towards her arm. "You're bleeding."

"Yeah, I loofahed myself." She cleared her throat, looking down to see the blood dripping onto her floor. "Well, there goes the deposit on that."

"Let me see." Aiden got up off the ground, grabbing the first aid kit off her desk. "Sit."

"Wow, you break into the room of a girl you ghosted for months, and you're already trying to get into bed naked with you?" Bev joked, chuckling awkwardly. Aiden didn't look amused, so he cleared her throat and sat next to him in the bed. "Sorry."

"I didn't mean to ghost you." Aiden muttered and wiped at her arm with alcohol wipes, making her wince. "It just sorta happened."

"Well, it just sorta pissed me off." She said, watching him apply neosporin carefully. "I mean, a girl's father dies, and you just leave, no information, no communication."

"I know." He sighed, wrapping her wrists slowly. "A lot of stuff happened, family stuff."

They sat in silence for a moment, until he cleared his throat.

"So, I saw you kissed Stiles."

"Oh," Beverly let out a little laugh, shaking her head. "Yeah, that was nothing."

"The Bevie I knew didn't kiss random strangers in the hall." Aiden shut the first aid kit, watching her wrinkle her nose.

"First, Bevie is the most embarrassing nick name I've ever been graced with." She scoffed, tightening her towel. "Secondly, I'm not really the same person anymore."

"I doubt that." He challenged, his eyes watching a drop of water slide down her shoulder. "You're still sarcastic, and witty, and smart, and-"

"And what?"

"And-"

"What the hell is going on here?" Beverly and Aiden jumped at the screeching voice of Beverly's mother, who looked as if she had just walked in on them doing the most revolting of deeds.

"He, uh, um," Beverly stumbled on her words, becoming fully aware that she was sitting in nothing but a towel with a boy who wasn't supposed to be in her house, let alone her room. "He came to check on me."

"Out." She fumed, clenching her jaw. "Get out!"

"Yes ma'am." Aiden got up and quickly walked out of the room, leaving Beverly in a staring match with her mom.

"Ah, fuck."

__________________________________

That feeling when you haven't updated in 50 years so you forget if you made up a name for the mom so you just give her a random one yikes

This is a trash mess

Uhhh sorry I've been gone, ily

Brea xx