~Playlists~

~Chapter 4: Playlists~

It was a normal, well as normal as it gets for the bat family, day. All of the family were in the same house, not fighting, for once. Dick had walked in. He had earbuds in and was moving his head to the beat of the song he was listening to. He set down his phone on the table, paused his song, and looked around. He gaze landed on Tim, who was sitting in a chair near by working on some new tech.

"Hey Timbo, can you do me a favor?" Dick asked taking out his earbuds

"Sure. What do you need?" Tim replied, looking up from his work

"I'm going to take a shower. Can you watch over my phone. Last time I left it unguarded when I came out it was broken in half, covered in some sort of liquid I still can't identify." Dick chuckle nervously at that thought.

"No problem. I'll watch it for you. Just, don't take to long."

"K. Thanks a lot!" Dick ran off to his bathroom to start his shower

Tim, like any person was, was curious of what was on Dick's phone. Looking around to see if anyone was here with him, which there wasn't, he slid the phone over to himself and unlocked it. (Dick doesn't have a password because he believes that it isn't nice to lock someone out!) He was greeted by Dick's playlist for his music.

What? Tim thought. There were 6 different playlists. Each Named after a person in the family. Bruce, Alfred, Jason, Tim, Damian, and Dick. He clicked on a random one, which was named after Dick and looked at the songs. There was a song called Freak Show by Set it Off. He clicked it and it started to play.

I am a circus freak
Caught in a cage, caught in a cage
Staring without a blink
Swallow me whole, swallow me whole

I am a circus freak
Cut out my heart, cut out my heart
Loveless and watch me bleed
Tear me apart, tear my apart
Yeah!

I've lost myself in make-believe
I don't wanna go, I don't want to go, make me
Over and over I've deceived
I don't wanna go, I don't want to go
You want reform? I can't conform
Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss cause
I've lost myself in make-believe
You can't break me ...

He stopped the song. This is so much like Dick. Tim contemplated. He looked through some of the other songs that was on Dick's playlist. There was I Took A Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner. Happy by Marina and the Diamonds. Me, Myself, & I by Bebe Rexha, and many more.

That made him even more curious. So Dick picked out songs that go with us? Next he went into Jason's list of songs. There were songs like Wrong Side of Heaven by Five Finger Death Punch. He was interested in this song. I think I have heard this song before. The intro started to play as he tried to see if he recognized the song. The lyrics started to come.

I spoke to God today, and she said that she's ashamed.
What have I become, what have I done?
I spoke to the Devil today, and he swears he's not to blame.
And I understood, cause I feel the same.

Arms wide open, I stand alone.
I'm no hero, and I'm not made of stone.
Right or wrong, I can hardly tell.
I'm on the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell.
The wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side, righteous side of hell.

Wow, thought Tim. Dick surprisingly has a good taste of music that fits everyone's personalities. As soon as he thought that Damian walked in and was soon followed by Jason. 

"Whatcha' doing Replacement?" Jason threw a chair closer to Tim and proceeded to sit in it.

Tim thought about if he should reveal what he had been doing. "I'm looking threw Dick's phone at his playlists."

"-tt- Why would you waste your time doing that Drake?" Damian replied immediately

"Well, at first I didn't care until I came over it and since then I have been exploring it. You guys should come look at it." Tim gestured to the phone

After a minute of denial from both parties, Damian and Jason came over and started to look at them. Unknownst to them, Dick had long been done his shower and was watching them.

Even though they are going through my phone, they are bonding and that's all that matters. Dick smiled and made his way back to his room.

I actually do this with all my music. I associate a song with a character and so I thought I would write about it. I hope you enjoyed it! Please feel free to suggest any ideas you have or want me to do. I would be happy to.