~Warning Sign: II~

AN: *hides in corner* Yeah... I don't really have much of an excuses. I been on vacation in Seattle and haven't had much time. Everyday I think, I need to update my fanfiction, yet I never do it. Well now I am! So let's cut the chase and start!

~Chapter 10: Warning Sign: II~

Previously on Warning Sign...

He swung it open and was greeted with Barbara Gordon.

"Yes Babs?" he moved to the side to let her come in.

"It's about Tim, Dick." she looked all around seemingly worried.

"What about Tim? Is there something wrong?"

"On patrol tonight, Tim got seriously injured."

"What!? Why wasn't I told before!? Where is he!? Is he ok?!" Dick started throwing questions like Wally (kid flash) did on a sugar high.

"Dick! We tried to call you and got nothing! Calm down so I can tell you!" she huffed out as Dick took a seat on his couch. After a second he gestured for her to start telling him.

After a sigh, she sat down as well and told him what how she found out. Then she got into the real drama.

"After I told Red Hood and Batman, I went to the manor, helped Alfred prep for Tim's return, and told him about the injures the computer had said Tim had. Just as we finished up, Batman and Red Hood came into the Batcave with Tim in tow. We rushed over, Got Tim and got to work. Dick, h-he was..." she took a shaky breath to attempt to calm herself. "... bad. And we have all seen the worst of the worst." Dick was on the edge of his chair, face emotionless. Barbara saw this and paused, before continuing.

"The computer only scratched the surface of his injures. If I didn't already know it was Tim, I wouldn't have been able to recongnize him. As I told, the computer said he had multiple broken or cracked ribs, a concussion, a broken arm, and was bleeding severely, but when he came in, he also had other cracked bones throughout his body and many stab and burn wounds."

She took a slow breath and sat back in her chair, eyes closed. Dick thought about all the things she had said, took time to take it all in and absorb it. After a minute he stood up, startling Barbara, and walked towards his door, getting his shoes and coat on on the way.

Out of her shock, Barbara stood as well and called out, "Dick where are you going!?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to her. He smirked and replied, "Where else am I going? I'm gonna go to my little brother." He turned back around and made his way eagerly out the door, Barbara close behind.

At the Wayne Manor...

All was silent, until the doors were almost swung off their hinges and Dick and Barbara came in. Knowing what Master Dick wanted, Alfred stood up from the chair he was sitting and lend them to the part of the batcave Tim was currently at.

Dick stood at the foot of Tim's bed as Barabra and Alfred left him alone, Bruce, Jason, and Damian no where in sight.

His eyes grew teary, but he held them back. Tim is ok, he thought. He'll be up in no time.

He sighed and moved so he was next to Tim in a chair that was conveniently there. Sighing, he took hold of Tim's limp hand as gently as he could, as if he would break anytime.

"What did you go and do now Timmy?" he mumbled to himself, rubbing Tim's hand back and forth. "You, Jason, and Damian can never stay out of trouble can you?"

Knowing he would be here till Tim was up and running, Dick grabbed one of the unused pillows, put it on the bed, and laid his head down. He was out like a light.

Even though he was a bat, he didn't know that the big, bad bat was watching him silently from his computer, and the other robins were doing the same.

"He must be really worried if he didn't know we were watching him like hawks." Jason remarked as he pretended to go back to work

"-tt- Todd, Grayson knew we were watching him. He just chose to ignore us." Damain defended Dick, "I think" he whispered for none but himself to hear

Batman suddenly turned around, startling them both, Jason almost falling out of his chair.

He smirked to himself before saying, "You know he acts like this every time any of you are hurt. Hovering around until you are better and then leaving right after. -sigh- He fears that if he isn't there then something would happen and he wouldn't forgive himself." Batman let the words sink in, taking his time in looking at Dick who was fast asleep. "I've tried to confront him, understand why he doesn't stay after. But every time he using an excuse, 'I have work to do' or 'Name doesn't need me here.' Maybe if you guys talk to him, he will open up." Batman, without waiting for an answer, turned back around and continued his work.

Damian and Jason turned towards each other, bewilderment on their faces. Each thought about what the man had said. 

Maybe we should. Dickie bird does a lot of crap and has to hold all the weight for it, Jason thought.

Grayson has helped me through my own tough times. I guess this could be pay back. Damian had made up his mind and so had Jason.

We will talk to him, they thought together

AN: I hope you like this... I tried to make it long but I want one more chapter for this story. I was wondering if any of you would want to draw a cover picture for this story? Let me know if you are interested down below. Also thank you for 1.9k views. I tell everyone and they look at me like I have no life whatsoever. Hope you liked today's chapter!