~Take over I~

Sorry that is update is late but here it is!! This is a story I adopted from c0pypa5ted3lete over on fanfiction.net. This will be a few chapters long. It involves Nightwing, Robin, and Blue Beetle mostly. I don't know if I will bring in the other bat family members yet. Enjoy!

~Chapter 7: Take over~

Jaime had been struggling with the scarab ever since it had attached to him. It was like he was never alone. It was not only invading his privacy, but it nagged him about every little thing he did. No thought was safe, and it seemed like he argued with it and every decision he had to make, but he still didn't regret having it. The tiny beetle machine saved lives, and that was more than he could ever have said for his life before.

Lately, however, the machine started taking more control over his limbs, especially the cannons in the arms of the machine. Jaime was trying to get it to stop, but tell the truth, it was scaring him. One day, he may not be able to stop it, and it seemed to be getting stronger.

"Blue, you're up next." called a familiar voice.

It's Nightwing. I know!  Do not hold back this time. I am NOT actually fighting him! Now shut up! It's just training!  Jamie hit his head with the base of his palm, knowing well that this won't help but at the same time wishing it would. He looked up at Nightwing, who now looked a little bemused, but shrugged it off and readied his body for the fight. Blue Beetle, as Jaime was called in his suit, knew that this was strictly hand-to-hand combat, but though he was moderately skilled with these techniques, the suit sometimes tried to take over. He couldn't win every time of course, but that only gave the scarab an excuse to bring out the weapons.

"Remember, this is only hand-to-hand combat. Don't Use. The Cannons." Nightwing said

You hear that? NO CANNONS. Jaime tried, but the scarab was silent. Before Blue Beetle had a chance to cherish the moment, Nightwing attacked. He flipped forward, taking out the two small batons in mid air before crashing down on Blue Beetle. Jaime kicked the acrobat behind him, standing up again in a backwards roll. He used the momentum from the roll to throw a left hook to Nightwing's jaw, but it was blocked with one of the batons. Nightwing returned a punch, one that connected, hitting Blue Beetle in the cheekbone and knocking him to the ground. Jaime's cheek throbbed under his armor. That's gonna bruise tomorrow. Jaime thought. Activate can- NO! Blue Beetle grabbed his arm, making sure the cannon hadn't formed. He relaxed when all he felt was his hand and was about to get up, almost forgetting about the fight he was currently in. Nightwing knocked him back down to the ground with a swift front kick to the chin, causing Blue Beetle to soar a couple feet across the fighting platform before landing painfully onto his back. He realized too late that his back had hit onto the scarab, and blacked out.

Blue Beetle's body, however, was not done with him just yet. The scarab opened Jaime's eyes, locking Nightwing in as a target.

"Hey Blue, are you okay?" The target asked. Nightwing walked over to Blue Beetle. "You are usually able to get me a few times. What happened?" He said, unaware of the faint blue glow in Jaime's eyes. As Nightwing approached, Blue Beetle's arms formed not cannons, but dark blue metal daggers. Each hand readied themselves behind Jaime's back, waiting for the target to get approximately a foot away, knowing that he could use Jaime's relationship with the target as an advantage and catch the enemy off guard.

Now a foot away, the armor leaped into action. Nightwing widened his eyes, arching sideways too little too late. The two daggers passed clean through his ribs, crossing before exiting his back. The daggers retracted from body back into Jaime's hands, having left two good-sized wounds though Nightwing's body. Mission complete. Said the scarab, shutting down and leaving Jaime's body to fall to the platform, unconscious.

Nightwing tried to suck in a breath, but the wound had damaged his lungs. He coughed up blood and spit, holding his chest with both gloved hands, which were now drenched with his own blood. His knees dropped to the ground after the failed attempt at receiving oxygen. The room began to spin, but he couldn't just black out now. He struggled against the forming spots in his vision and the searing pain, to try and get to Blue Beetle. There was something seriously wrong with Jaime-he needed help. Nightwing use one of his hands to drag his body over to where Blue Beetle have fallen, but he only got halfway before collapsing again, passing out over the floor among the pool of red that began to form.

Cassie tapped her foot, wishing Jaime would just feel ready so she can get her turn. Thinking of the covert-mission-gone-wrong that she had with the other is not too long ago, she quickly stop tapping her foot and pretended to be calm. Be stealthy by being patient and quiet. She thought to herself. In through the nose, and out through the...

"Ugh this is hopeless!" She grabbed her hair, officially giving up on the annoying stealth exercise.

She remembered what she was still doing here when she heard a loud and familiar metallic voice.

Recognized: Robin B20

Cassie heard the sound of the zeta tube and went back to her waiting. What was taking Nightwing so long? Robin said he was going to come back in an hour because of homework. Had it already been an hour or did he really finish his homework that quickly? Cassie smiled to herself. It was her chance to be the detective. She laughed at herself and hummed the Mission Impossible theme song.

A loud yell snapped her back into focus. It was Robin's.

"Robin? Robin!" Cassie shouted towards the training room where Robin had come in. When no reply came, she ran faster down the hall. Cassie entered the room and gasped.

Please tell me what you think I should do to continue below!