Decisions

Almost two weeks had passed since Connie's ordeal. Two weeks she had spent thinking over and over about what she could do but nothing seemed to answer her problem.

Connie's thoughts were interrupted by someone coming into her office. "Hey, I thought you'd been rather quiet this morning. Just wanted to check you were okay." A warm smile came to her lips as she rounded her desk.

Jacob placed the two coffee cups on her desk before letting his arms fall around her waist. They'd continued to see each other privately but didn't hesitate in showing a little more care to each other within the department.

"I'm alright, just trying to work something out." "Anything I can help with?" He smirked before kissing her gently. "Mmm as much as I wish your kind of solution would help, it's not quite what I had in mind."

Jacob chuckled picking up one of the cups and walked to the sofa. "Please, it's always on your mind. Don't deny it." Connie rolled her eyes leaning against her desk with the other coffee. "I think you've got us confused Staff Nurse Masters." "Hey I've got no shame in admitting that I've always got you and sex on my mind."

Connie threw a screwed up piece of paper from her desk at him as someone else entered the office. "Dr Gardner what can I do for you?" Connie's tone became bitter towards the other woman as she waited for a response. "I can see you're very busy, but we need someone in resus. There's a major RTC coming in."

Elle smiled towards Jacob before glancing to Connie once more and leaving the office. "Well, I'm glad you're not jealous." Connie scoffed at Jacob putting her coffee cup down and grabbing her stethoscope. "I am not jealous. What is there to be envious of?"

Jacob shrugged walking along beside her. "I don't know... Happy family life, a partner, not having to worry about being caught." Connie sighed stopping to look at Jacob. "You tell me sweet cheeks. Is there anything to be jealous of?"

He walked away leaving her to stand there biting her lip. She knew he was right, she had every reason to be jealous but there wasn't much she could do about it. It wasn't like she could just give up everything she did now to be happy.

Connie walked into resus pushing all personal problems aside and began treating her patient. Jacob entered resus alongside Elle moments later catching her attention. "Staff Nurse Masters, can I have you over here please."

He nodded separating from Elle and did whatever Connie asked him to do. She moved around the bed standing beside Jacob. "Sure, you're not jealous sweet cheeks." She let her eyes glance up at him, a small smirk showing on her face.

"Nothing wrong with wanting to work with a competent member of staff is there?" Jacob shrugged with a smile as Connie placed the file back on the edge of the bed turning her back. "Besides I wanted to tell you to meet me in my office when you're done here." Connie looked up at him once as he smiled before she strolled out of the room.

Connie walked out of resus only to be greeted by Charlie giving her a questioning look. "So come on, what's going on with you two?" She shook her head. "Don't know what you mean..."

Charlie laughed walking with her until she stopped at the nurses' station. "Well, whatever it is. Make it work this time, because you're both different together. And yes a good different, which everyone here has noticed."

Without answering Connie dropped her head and walked away towards her office. She stopped in the doorway looking back to him smiling when she noticed he was still watching her. At the same time Jacob strolled out of resus coming towards Connie.

Charlie had noticed and pulled a face causing Connie to roll her eyes. "You asked me to come here-" "It's not you, shut up and get inside." Connie hit his arm lightly before letting her hand linger on his back walking in behind him.