Addicted

The end of the shift rolled around and soon enough Jacob was standing by the nurses' station aimlessly stacking files in a pile. Connie walked out of cubicles scanning across a patient's document in her hands.

Jacob's eyes lifted to her almost immediately as he continued to watch her. "How are things with you and the ice queen since she ditched you?" Rita lifted her hand and hit Cal across the chest who flinched shrugging "What?"

"You know how it is with her, knocks you back but you keep trying... Oh wait no you wouldn't understand that about Connie because she shut you down first attempt." Rita bit her lip to stop herself from laughing while Cal nodded his head.

Jacob smiled across at Rita before dropping the final file to the pile and wandering away into the staffroom. The blinds were down in there as he entered from earlier on in the day when Zoe had spoken to Max about leaving.

He went to his locker unlocking it as someone walked in through the other door of the staffroom. They stopped behind him and trailed a hand down his back causing a smirk to come to his face. "Sweet cheeks..."

Jacob turned and smiled down at her before leaning down and kissing her. Connie responded before pushing her hands against his chest. "Meet me outside in 10 minutes-" "You're the boss..."

Connie moved to walk away as Jacob reached forwards for her wrist turning her back around. "Before you go there was one thing." "What?" Connie looked up at him for a second before he stepped forwards and her lips collided with his.

Her hands held onto his shoulders as his moved down to her waist. Connie stepped back with Jacob until his back hit the lockers. He dropped his hands to the bottom of her dress before she caught them and laced her fingers with his.

"Meet me outside... Grace is with the child minder for the next few hours..." Jacob's lips continued to press kisses to her neck before she let go of his hand to lift his chin up to look at her. "The quicker you get out of here, the quicker you can get me out of this."

A sly smile placed itself on Jacob's face before Connie kissed him once more, leaving the room the same way she entered it but with Jacob's eyes following her the entire time.

He grabbed his things leaving the hospital hovering beside the wall. Connie stood in her office talking to Zoe for what was the final time.

"You're sure I can't change your mind?" Zoe sighed shaking her head as a small sad smile appeared. "I need to do this." Connie nodded with a forced smile. Despite their differences Zoe was a good doctor with a kind heart and she'd miss her within the department. "Good luck Dr Hanna-" "You too Connie. Oh, I know it's none of my business, but don't let this place ruin a good thing. Some people are worth fighting for."

Zoe turned her back and walked out of the office closing the door behind her. Connie rest a hand against her forehead sighing before picking up her bag and coat.

Leaving the office she collided with Elle. "Oh sorry, I don't suppose you've seen Jacob around anywhere?" "His shift finished 10 minutes ago so he's probably gone." Elle nodded before responding to someone calling her back into the department.

With a glare that could kill she walked away out of the department for the night. She strolled up the path towards her car before noticing Jacob against the wall.

"Care to tell me what we're doing-" "Care to tell me why Elle's suddenly asking about your whereabouts?" Connie folded her arms against her chest as Jacob rolled his eyes. "Oh come on Connie not this again... Seriously? Why are you jealous of her, it's not like she's the one I'm sneaking around to sleep with is it?"

She dropped her arms as he placed his hands on them looking down at her. "There's only one person I care about and they're standing in front of me." Connie forced a smile before wandering to her car.