Chapter 1

Before everything happened

I looked up from my converse shoes to the mirror. I smiled a small smile.
Black shirt, jean shorts, French braid. I was satisfied with how I looked so I opened my door.

"Maci where do you think your headed?"
I froze and turned.
"Mrs.Casey I'm sorry." I said.
She pointed back towards my door.
"You did the same thing yesterday, remember? So you can't go out for a week. Back you go." She said.
I huffed and went back to my room.

I sat down against my bed and stared at my shoes.

I hated this place more than anything. The kids here were assholes and so was 'Mrs' whatever. I looked around the room trying to think.
I jumped up and opened my window and jumped out.
"Shit." I closed my eyes realizing I thought to fast and forgot my stuff.

I pushed my hand on the window and it didn't budge. I pushed harder and it was sealed shut.
"Great.." I sighed and walked around the whole building trying to get in without her seeing me.
And of course, there was nothing.

I kicked a rock angry at myself. I sat against the building and just cried. I balled my eyes out just hurt and done from everything. Plus I knew what was gonna happen when I go in there.
I wiped my eyes and stood up and walked in there. I tried my best to go back to my room but failed.

"Maci I told you to stay in your room god dammit!" She screamed.
"My office now!" She yelled.
"Please-"
"NOW!" She yelled.
All of the kids came peeking out and tears instantly fell. They started to laugh.

I walked into her office and sat on the chair. Tears kept falling as fear took over.
The door opened and slammed shut.
"Stand up." She said and I did and kept my head low.
"Bend over." She said.
I whimpered and bent over.
I shut my eyes and felt tons of stings on my bottom and back and legs.

I went numb and couldn't feel a thing.
"No dinner again tonight Maci. Good job for failing at your chance of having a family." She laughed at the end as I ran back to my room and shut the door. I got under my blankets and cried myself to sleep.

* * *

4:38am

My eyes opened and I rolled on my side completely sore. I sighed knowing there was no chance of falling back asleep.

And at that moment I knew tonight was the perfect night to run away.

I got up and grabbed my backpack from the top of my closet. It was a jansport that was gray. It read "Maci" on the front. I packed all my clothes and some water that I had hid from previous times. I also packed some chips.
I put it on my bed and put on my sweatshirt then put on my backpack.

I climbed out the window and shut it back. My feet hit the floor and I smiled.
I took off running and ignored the pain in my legs. I smiled so big than I have ever before.

I was free.

The wind was blowing on my face, grass touched the tips of my ankle, the Stars sparkled, the cars honked and drove past me.
I haven't seen this up close in years.

I slowed down once I hit a building that has been empty for years now. It was an old house that no one used. Half of it burned down and no one ever bothered to rebuild it.

I sat against a corner and covered up in my blanket. I closed my eyes and fell asleep with a smile on my face for once.

* * *

Beep beep beep

Whee whoo whee whoo

My eyes shot open and I instantly saw tons and tons and tons of police, fire trucks, and ambulances drive by quickly.
I got up and peeked out of the building. Everyone was screaming and running but I was confused as hell.

Everyone get to safety! Hurry! Go! AHHHHH

I jumped and saw a man jump on the officer and start eating him. My eyes went huge.
I grabbed my bag and ran. I kept running as fast as I could.

I ran towards the store and stopped on the sidewalk.
Tons of people were inside. I closed my eyes knowing there was no way I could get in there.

Grrrrrr

I turned to the sound of what sounded like a dog.
I saw a person walking towards me with blood all over them. She had on a pink shirt that looked different with all the blood then she had on some jeans and her brown hair was sticking up everywhere.
"Mam? Are you okay?" I freaked.
I put my hand on her shoulder and she instantly went nuts.

I screamed and shoved her off. She hit the metal gate and her head exploded everywhere. I covered my mouth and puked instantly. I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and continued running.

What the hell was going on?

"Anyone?" I screamed and stood there.
"HELP!" I screamed louder.
I started breathing fast since I lost my breath.
I sat down and laid on my back not caring what the world was now coming too.

My chest rose and went down quickly.

"Lady?"

I shot up and saw a girl.
"Have you seen my Mommy?" She sniffed.
I got up and kneeled by her.
"What's your name?" I asked.
"Lily." She said.
"What does your mommy look like?" I asked.

"She has...brown hair." Lily nodded.
"What was she wearing?" I asked.
"Pink." She looked around.
My heart then shattered.
"I think your Mommy went somewhere else..." I said with a small smile.

"Where?" She asked.
"Heaven." I nodded.
She smiled.
"Can I go there?" Lily asked.
"Not-"

Before I could finish my sentence a man came up and tackled her to the ground. Her screams pirced my ears as the man literally ate the little girl.
"No!" I screamed.
I shook my head as I backed away quickly then just ran.

I don't know how long, where I was going... but I just ran.

A/NPlease comment your opinions I want to know what you think so far

A/N
Please comment your opinions I want to know what you think so far. This is Maci's back story..well some of it. It'll all make sense later once she talks about it more. So you might be confused haha.