Chapter 20

"Everyone has to stick to the plan. If someone doesn't, everything could go wrong." Rick said as everyone listened.
"Carl..Maci.." Rick looked at us.
"You both need to choose to either stay out in the trailer or come with us." He said.
Carl looked at me.

"We can fight." I nodded.
Carl looked at me worried as hell.
"We can, you guys will need the help anyways." I nodded.
Carl looked at Rick, then soon nodded.

"Alright." Rick nodded.
"Let's move in.." He said.
Everyone headed into the trailer and loaded the supplies up. I took a deep breath and followed behind Carl. I felt someone grab my shoulder causing me to freak out.

"It's just me." Rick said.
I sighed relived and looked at him.
"I know you can fight since you've been on your own, by yourself..probably longer than anyone." Rick said.
"Carl can take care of himself...I just need you to keep watch on him. Look out for him." He said.
"I will." I smiled softly.

I went into the trailer and saw everyone sitting towards the back. Carl was sitting by himself, looking out of the window. Maggie and Glenn were holding on to each other. Abraham stared with a smile as they looked at a picture.

I walked by and sat by Carl. He smiled at me then lifted up his arm slightly so I could lay beside him. I moved close, up against his chest and sighed.

Glenn smiled at me as he handed me the picture he was holding. I took it and smiled instantly.
It was an ultrasound of a baby..Maggie's baby. They must have gotten the chance to see there baby here at the hilltop.
"Congratulations." I smiled at both Glenn and Maggie.
Maggie smiled at me then looked at Carl and her smile grew when she saw how close we were.

I smiled at her as I handed Carl the picture. He smiled instantly and looked at me. I instantly blushed. Carl handed it to Michonne and she took a look at it. She stared at it with a slight smile then handed it to Daryl.
Daryl smiled softly and swiftly handed it to Abraham.

Abraham smiled then looked at Glenn. They both smiled at each other, then Glenn nodded.
I smiled instantly.
I laid against Carl and he smiled at me.
"Take another nap if you want to." Carl whispered.
I shook my head, smiling.
"I just want to lay here, with peace and quiet for once." I laughed softly.

He nodded with a smile.

* * *

"We're here!" Rick yelled.
We all got up and headed out of the door. I stood on the concrete as people started loading stuff in the storage room.
Rick crowded around a few people as he started to talk.
"Negan wants Gregory's head right?" He asked.
Jesus nodded.
"Well...we're going to give it to him." Rick said.

"What?" I asked.
I really didn't mean to but into the conversation but I couldn't help it. They all looked at me.
"We are literally going to cut a mans head off?" I asked.
"No." Rick chuckled.
"We're going to find a walker look a like to Gregory." Rick said.

"Oh.." I breathed out.
He smiled at me and I sighed.
"We have to get going in the morning, go eat some food then get some rest." Rick ruffled my hair as he walked off.
I watched as they all walked to the church to have a town meeting.

I walked back to the house and decided to go where they had our mini cemetery. I walked by, looking at my shoes. At the corner of my eye I saw Ron Anderson carved into the wood.
I smiled softly as I looked up.