The Dream

I started dreaming that night that Matt was all better, and we were spending the last night together, talking all night.

"You know, I will miss living with you for the way you took care of me." He starts.

"Oh, really?" I asked. "I was going to miss you for the conversations we had. I mean, you learned so much of my information for me. I won't ever forget that."

Then, he kissed me.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"For everything." That smile, I just couldn't help but kiss back. One thing was leading to another, when the alarm woke me up. Then Matt started to stir, so I got up, dressed him, got him into his wheelchair, fed him, and took him to physical therapy. Then I went to my real job, a video store close to the hospital and in close range to my house.

"El?" called my boss, Leslie. She was curious as to why I looked blushed this morning.

"It's nothing Les."

"Does it have anything to do with your guest?"

"Speaking of, I'm going to have to leave early every three days to pick him up from physical therapy. Is it okay?"

"Sure, but you might end up with less money than usual."

"I'll take extra jobs at the movie theater, just please."

"Fine." She let me go immediately, and I picked up Matt in record time.

"You look a little flushed. Are you alright?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm fine. It's just, I had a weird dream last night."

"Really? What about?" He starts to fish around for what I dreamt about.

"I was in the living room with you, and we were on the couch." I couldn't let him know what we did in the dream, so I made up the rest of the dream.

"What else?" he asked, and I made the rest up as we drove along.

"Then next thing we knew, I saw a clown, and we were on a gameshow and you started getting hounded litterally by a St. Bernard that belonged to the producer." He started laughing.

"That is a crazy dream." He said. Then at dinner, he told me about what he recovered from his memory.

"So I think I remember some of the stuff from how I ended up here." He said.

"Oh, really? When did it start?"

"When I was learning to use my hand again." He started to flash back to the first day I tried to shake his hand with the broken wrist. 

"What do you remember?" I asked.

"I remember taking a date to a premeire, it was to How To Catch A Monster, and I ended up wandering off after the movie and the interviews inbetween. I remember holding the date's hand at the interview before we entered the theater to watch the film. I remember the film, then the post-viewing interview. Then I remembered a red car of some sort."

"What happened next?"

"I don't know. The next thing I know, I'm in shambles in a hospital room being read butchered Russian by a volunteer orderly who's doing a hell of a job taking care of me." Due to the compliment, I didn't know what to say. I had to change the subject.

"Alright, done eating?" I asked in a rush.

"I'm stuffed, actually." He said. We brushed our teeth, I wheeled him to bed, and changed him in another pair of pajamas. This time with Bart Simpson's head on them, and they were red.

"I really do appreciate this, you taking care of me." He grabbed my hand with his undamaged one, and he kissed it. Just a light peck, then I started feeling flushed. Once he let go, we said good night to each other and before I turned the light off, he gave me that wink again and that smile I've been gushing over since he woke up. I turned the light off and went to bed. I couldn't breathe for a few minutes. It took me some time to fall asleep, but I didn't want to finish that dream I had. Finally, I fell asleep, but then I dreamt I was being chased by a clown and a guy dressed as a giant gavel screaming "THAT WAS FOR HARRY!" thinking I was the spider in Stephen king's It. The funny thing is Ritchie Tozier didn't die in the film version, Stan and Eddie did.