The morning after

I woke up the next morning a tad bit cold. I could hear Matt in the shower. He was for some reason singing "Nice n' Easy", and I wanted to sing along, but I had to focus on getting dressed. As soon as I put on my shirt for the new day, he comes in from the shower with only a towel to cover himself.

"Good morning." He said in a cheerful voice. "I didn't know you were already up, otherwise I would've asked you to-" I stop him there with a kiss on the lips.

"Good morning to you. How'd you sleep after last night?"

"Wonderfully. And you?" He was just as charming as usual. He was struggling to keep his towel on as he was reaching for his cane.

"Oh, I slept well." I managed to get out of the room when Matt started asking about what lead to last night.

"So about last night," he started. "What did you mean when you said you think you are falling in love with me?"

"I meant that with the way you always smiled at me and winked before I turned the light off or left the hospital before that. Those were things you did that made me blush every night." I explained, remembering what I said the previous night.

"Really? So that actually worked. Funny, I've never flirted with anyone to the point that they fall for me, but then when I heard your voice all those weeks ago, I knew I wanted to meet you. I even had dreams of meeting and making you mine for some reason. Then, I had this dream that a giant spider was chasing me and it finally caught me."

"That's when you woke up." I realized as I stared at him, my mouth open.

"Yes, it must've been when I woke." He said as he put on a shirt, his hair wet still from the shower.

I was shocked. I didn't know how to respond to the revelation that he was able to hear me when I took care of him when he was comatose. He smiled at me, turned to me and took my hand.

"Come on. I'll make breakfast." He said as he was getting dressed.

"Oh no you don't, I'll do it. You did it yesterday, so it's my turn."

"Fine then, why don't we make breakfast together?" He pulled me into him, walked out with my hand in his and led me to the kitchen. I taught him how to make french toast, and I made him a nutella and Strawberry jam sandwich using two of the slices I made up. The flavors were delicious for him. I didn't need to be anywhere because it was my day off for the month, and he didn't need to go to physical therapy. So we went strolling around town. I showed him around, and we saw so much. I even saw further than I ever known of my hometown. Then Matt saw the car. Turns out it belonged to a guy who was a paranoid whovian who blamed Matt for his decision to leave Doctor Who, and because he was so obsessed, he ran him over. Luckilly, Matt was safe. This time, he just needed to be near someone when we came home, because we ended up sharing the same bed again.

"I hope you don't mind. I just don't feel safe without someone near." He said as he started to breathe shallowly.

"I know, Matt. Just get under the covers quickly. God, you're just so cold." I felt worried for him. "I know you are afraid, and I promise until you're done with physical therapy and back in England, I am going to protect you."

He just smiled at me, and he got warmer. This time, we made out until we fell asleep. I could feel his arms around my waist that night.