Chapter 3

Unedited!

(photo of Solomon at the top!)

Chapter 3

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. " -Martin Luther King, Jr.

4 years into captivity

Sighing I close my eyes, these last couple of weeks have been partially grueling. The man in the red mask has used me more and more. He has never said anything to me, I have never heard him make a sound, yet I know he is the devil. I am sure of it.

I once heard people yelling outside of the red room door, only to be silenced by gun fire. I thought that I was finally going to die that day, but of course I was wrong.

I no longer think that I am going to die, the thought of death feels like more of a fairy tale then the thought of marrying a prince. How freeing death would be.

I listen as my cell door opens but do not bother the open my eyes, it is either food or someone here to take me back to the masked man or worse the doctor.

Chills run up my arms as I think of the doctor. He is a willowy man with three large scars running across his eyes he is the first person that I have saw without a mask the hole time I have been here. I wonder if the others are hiding scars to? The doctor should probably look into investing in one considering he looks like he has been whacked with an ugly stick, and then attacked by his poodle.

I swear he takes pleasure in my pain, always humming a quiet tune as he hooks me up to machines that take my blood. He always pats my head as if I am a child, and promises that he will fix me. Sick Fuck.

I have learned to be good for the doctor, at first I fought when I was brought to him, one time taking off a chunk of his ear. I was made to regret that when he sent me to the Radiator. The Radiator is where they send bad patients, it is the hottest place on this earth, I think of it as Hell. The patients in there just are not normal, they have a crazed look in their eye and all they want is your flesh.

It's this huge ghetto like room with buildings within it but there is no sky, no grass, no dirt, and no wildlife except for the wolves. I have watched grown men transform in front of my very eyes in there. At first I thought it was just my imagination but now I'm sure.

They create monsters here.

I became very good at hiding, knowing that I am not strong enough to fight the other patients off. Once the guards could not even find me, I thought that I had finally found a spot to lay and die in, but in the end they found me, they always find me.

Recently we have started shock therapy, he is convinced that I can talk and is going to force me to say something. He says that I am his new favorite game. He was very disappointed when the masked man barged into the room on my last session and pointed to the door.

I was soon released and have yet to go back to him, although I know that he will call for me again soon. He always does.

Choosing to ignore it for as long as possible I keep my eyes closed tight, hoping that if I can not see them then they can not see me. Childish? Maybe but I'm ok with that, what dignity do I have left anyway? Instead of footsteps or the clatter of my food bowl I hear a thump and the door is closed again.

Slowly I open one eye at a time, letting them adjust to the dim light that is now coming from the cracks of the door. Sometimes when I am really bored I like to think of myself as batgirl! I mean I live in a cave like room, and can see almost perfectly in the dark. Thats a super power right? There is a sack in the middle of the floor.