Chapter 13

Unedited

Photo of the "beast" this is what I imagine a feral wolf looks like when he is half man half wolf! 😳

"There are many who don't wish to sleep for fear of nightmares. Sadly, there are many who don't wish to wake for the same fear." -Richelle Goodrich

I am hot, this room is hot. It makes it hard to breathe. My skin cries under the smoldering weight of the heat. It drips around me, like the blood dripping from the  teeth of the beast in front of me.

Men stand before me covered in the blood of their fellow prisoners.  They are always fighting. They are in a war with each other a war fighting for dominance, for power, for control. Their beasts are trying to take control because this prison has taken everything from us.

So they fight till the death it's their way. It's how they cope. They are feral and it makes me sorry for them. My heart hurts for the trapped souls.

I keep my eyes on the ground trying to get away. If you look them in the eye they see it as a challenge and attack. But I do not pay enough attention because I bump into someone I look up without thinking. Pure blind instinct that will get me killed.

He is a large dark man with yellow eyes. He has patches of fur on his skin, only half man half beast. He is in the worst of it, in the in between before he has lost all of his human completely. He is the most dangerous now. He has the least control now.

Looking down I feel my heart in my throat I try to side step him but he steps in front of me again. Leaning in I feel his breath on my throat. Chills run through my body. Suddenly he pushes his nose into my own.

Forcing me to look him in the eye he inhumanly snarls in my face. His spit clings to my damp skin his body heat pressed into my own. There is no space between us. He is challenging me, there is nothing I can do. His body starts shaking as his beasts takes over.

I turn around trying to run. If I can get up high I might have a chance. But I feel the weight of the beast on my back, I feel his claws ripping into my flesh.....

Bright lights are in my face I can't see. Blinking I look around a see a man's arm pressed against my belly. His lips are moving but I hear nothing.

White noise it's all I hear I feel myself being lifted but the white noise and a subtle ringing in my ears is all I hear.

I feel too much. My heart hurts, my body hurts, my head hurts. I want it to stop I want it to all go away. Go away, go away, go away...

She won't stop screaming she has been like this since she woke up from her nightmare.

Hours of screaming, the doctor says her body has gone into shock. We have to wait for it the exhaust itself and it's pure torture.

He won't give her a sedative or anything until her blood work comes back, too scared of making her overdose.

For the first time in my life I question my ability to help someone. This is a lot more than I ever could have imagined my heart hurts for my little mate. She is scared and there is literally nothing I can do while she is stuck in her own mind. My ears are ringing but I can't leave her.

Finally Grace stops but she sits as still as a statue as her eyes dart around the room. Finally they land on me as I stand and approach her.

Grasping one of her clammy hands I stroke her sweaty forehead with my other hand. Trying to give her comfort with my touch without overwhelming her.

"Your okay baby, it was just a dream. You scared me we are at the doctors right now." I try and reassure the now quiet woman.

"Don't let the beast eat me." She whispers with terror in her eyes before closing them and falling asleep.

"Nothing will ever hurt you again." I promise before calling the doctor back in.

It's time to start making a plan to help her work through this.

I hope you guys enjoy, my heart breaks for these two 😭

Comment and vote to let me know how you feel!