Chapter 5

Unedited!

Photo of the tree in the courtyard

Chapter 5

"I love the name of honor, more than I fear death." Julius Caesar

Walking into the court yard I call all warriors to gather. Looking around I watch as men kiss their women and children goodbye. All members have a look of determination they know that to not have a Luna will be detrimental to our pack. They can feel our pack get weaker and weaker without their Laila, their Luna, their moon on earth.

Pride fills my heart as I watch men walk into the group who are not warriors but common wolfs, their wolf feels the calling to protect the Luna.

All the pack members love Laila, she is a born leader, she is their only female leader since Grayson (the beta) and I have yet to find our mates. Because of this the women have already started to wilt, their spirits are down and their hearts are weak. They are losing weight and none will be able to conceive a child until they have a peace of the moon near them. Without a female leader they know that their end is near.

My wolf and I feel sorrow because we have not met our mate yet. We have no way to provide these women with support. My mate will one day be another peace of the moon, another gift from the goddess herself. She will be a leader to these women and harbor of hope and protection from the brutal world of the pueblos lobo (wolf people.)

Having used all of my words for today I simply step in front of the men. They all stop talking when the feel my wolfs energy. He commands respect, dominating the entire village with his power, my wolf is the strongest in the pack, even stronger then the alpha.

The alphas job is to love, care, and nourish the pack he takes care of things such as finances, and housing. The betas job is to create healthy alliances with other packs, he keeps peace, he creates treaties, and makes my life much easier. Since my job is simply to dominate all those around me, all who appear to be a threat to my brethren, my pack mates, my family. I make sure the pack is protected, I choose, train, and fight beside the warrior wolfs, I enforce the laws. But as I told Asher earlier without one there could not be another. I am not more important then the common wolf, because without them I would be nothing, and without each other we would fall.

Knowing this I simply bow my head in front of the men who have all fallen to their knees in respect. We listen to the ocean waves hit stroke the sand at our feet for a few moments. 

Placing my fist over my heart I feel my wolf come to life within me as we become one and yell "Laila, Rayo de luna!" Standing the entire village places their right fist over their hearts and repeat my words with as much heart as my wolf and I. They know that failing this mission is not to fail ones self but the failure of their pack as a whole. To give up is to die without a fight, and that is something The Rayo De Luna Pack will not do.

Turning to Asher who is across the courtyard I bow my head in respect to him as my warriors and I begin to shift. Striping one layer at a time, not wanting to harm any of my clothes (I am running out of clothes. My quick shifts that often spike with my temper does not agree with them when I feel the need to shift quickly.)

I feel a hand on my wolf's shoulder, knowing its Asher I turn with one brow raised. He usually does not accompany me on my raids, it is not his job, and to lose him would be equality as detrimental to losing Laila. Looking into his eyes I can see that this is not just a normal raid to him, and I feel a little bit of pride well up in my gut for him as well.

Days ago, Asher would not have let Laila's disappearance distract him from pack duties, because he could not see that they are one in the same, but now he finally sees.