Chapter 10

Unedited!

Chapter 10

"The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them." -Ernest Hemingway

I feel safe in Solomons arms which is a strange feeling. Because I am not sure that I have ever felt this safe in my entire life. Even before I was captured.

My mind is still reeling over the fact that I was abducted for 6 years! That's forever.

I am sure that my family has given up on finding me by now, maybe I have a tombstone somewhere. It's probably in the family cemetery, I wonder who they chose to put me beside...

Hmmmm that's a dark thought Grace.

Looking up at Solomon I can not help but wonder what he would think of my thoughts. I wonder what he would think of my family. Too bad I will never see them again.

It's better for them to think that I am dead. I might be sometime soon anyway.  I know I told Solomon that I trust him but I am still a little skeptical that this is going to workout.

Can he really be as good as he seems? Can I ever have a normal relationship with a man? Hell will I ever get the courage to talk again?

Something in me wants to talk to Solomon but not to anyone else. When other people are around I feel choked up... Like there is a frog in my throat. But I almost talked to Solomon in the kitchen just moments ago.

It felt so natural I'm not sure why I stopped myself. Feeling a light brush between my brows I look up to see Solomon starting at me.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" He asks while smoothing my frown crease.

I want to open my mouth and just tell him but I'm scared. Instead I pick the pad and pen back up.

My family, my voice, you. EVERYTHING! I have never been so scared of not being scared and everything in me just wants me to just open my mouth and tell you. It's overwhelming. You're a little overwhelming but I like it?

I try and tell him the truth to the best of my ability but it's hard to find the right words.

"All of that is normal baby. I would be overwhelmed if I was in your situation too. But don't worry and don't feel pressured to do anything. You do not have to talk to your family yet, you do not have to talk to me yet. Just let everything happen naturally when your ready to do those things you will." He presses a kiss to my forehead and keeps walking.

How does he always know the perfect thing to say? He eases my anxiety better than anyone. He is like a service animal/person. I can not help but snort in laughter at that one.

"What's so funny little one?" Blushing I push my head back onto his chest. There is no way that I am going to tell him that I just thought of him as a service animal!

Walking into what I assume is Solomons bedroom he quickly tucks my head back into his chest. "I haven't taken the sheets off yet and I do not want them to upset you." He says holding me tight.

My heart skips a beat at his words. He listened to me and took what I said seriously. I feel like any other male would have brushed off what I said and felt like I was being dramatic. But he is taking care of me and he listened.

"Thank you." I whisper..... Holy smokes did I just talk!?!?!?!

Okay y'all this was a little shorter than normal but I hope you enjoyed! I am going to go hold my baby for a little bit and maybe do some laundry!

Please comment and let me know if you would like short chapters with quick updates or the longer chapters with a longer wait in between!

Also don't forget to vote because I could use some encouragement! ❤️