Kang Yongnam has realized something in the limited time span of his mere twenty three years of life.

It's that life is a void and people are enigmas.

He grew up in a family were the only stable relationship in his life was his younger sister and the only constant company was his best friend.

By the time he turned eighteen he'd also realized, with a grudging defeat that not all family's, not all people lived like that.

(this was partially due to his now future brother-in-law mark tuan—whom of which he had a lot to be thankful for)

When Yongnam had been twelve-years-old, he'd seen something, probably something he shouldn't have seen, that had, in it's own way, scared him for the better part of his early teenage years.

And then it had happened.

He was sixteen and he met her.

Seo Kyungri.

She was his sister's best friend, his best friend's cousin, and eventually she became his world.

She was someone he could trust, someone he could believe in.

At least until she wasn't.

When he was twenty-years-old, Kyungri had decided to drop a bomb on him.

She'd said in a soft voice, eyes red and lips pink. "Let's break up."

He wishes he could say it was unexpected, that he never saw it coming, but he knew. He knew in the months before when he saw her in the arms of another guy, at a bar one night while he was out with his coworkers.

He knew, because when he saw her, all wrapped up in this guy, with her red lips pressed fiercely against his, he didn't feel a thing.

Not pain. Not heartbreak.

He didn't feel anything at all.

It was just another day, just another event.

But when they broke up, he felt something.

It was a snap, a snap because yes, Kyungri had been his first love, and she would always be his first love, but she was no longer the world, no longer his world.

He was still friends with her because they were friends before all of it happened, what's the difference now, right?

But it's not the aspect of his relationship with Kyungri that's being told here.

No, it's what came after that relationship.

What came from a mistype of a few numbers and the very first text message that said;

"how do you know when it's time to give up on love?"

Because that, that is where our story begins.

© 2017.

and we're back. or we're something. now although i am posting this now it's the same ordeal, i probably won't write this until next year. and this is just for people to get a feel for who it's gonna be about and basically some insight to what's going on. i choose tzuyu partially for the reason that i really adore her. i couldn't really think of anyone else. anyways, see you guys next year i guess!