WHEN YONGNAM INITIALLY WOKE UP this morning he didn't know that he'd be sitting behind the counter of his restaurant with a near broken hand and an equally broken heart.

(forgive the cliche but the man is depressed—he can't really think of anything clever enough because, to put it simply, he's hurting)

He didn't expect a worker of his to come onto him, didn't expect an ex, a former friend to also come on to him. And what he didn't expect most of all, was his girlfriend (the beautiful, kind, loving girl of his freaking dreams) to show up.

What was currently going through his mind, you may be wondering.

(i'll tell you)

Nothing. At all.

To be quite honest, he really didn't understand anything that was currently happening.

All he knew was that the girl that he is irrevocably in love with was currently looking up at him with wide wide eyes that look like they've got the stars in them.

(from what he can tell in this barely there dim lighting—that even with the worst filter she's still the prettiest girl in the world)

His heart is pounding, pulse racing in his ears.

(he knows he's sweating buckets, knows that he is being uncharacteristically quiet and that she's still staring, eyes burning with a fire that is smothering him physically)

The next thing he knows, he's yanking Tzuyu up by her hand, pressing her into him and breathing her in.

He can feel her heartbeat thumping against his chest, thudding loud (his heart picks up the second that her hand slides down his chest—warm and soft with the heat radiating from her entire being).

"What," his voice comes out soft and full of wonder. "Are you doing here?"

She giggles against his shoulder. "What? Blown away by my beauty? Shocked I'm this attractive in real life?"

"Contrary to belief," he huffs out. "You are not that pretty."

She gasps in surprise. "You are so terrible."

"In fact," he bites his lip, arms wrapping around her shoulder, pulling her in tighter. "Why didn't you bring Sana? Now that girl, talk about wow, never seen someone that gorgeous in my entire twenty-odd years of life—" Before he can even finish the sentence, she digs her heel into his foot and he groans. "Babe, ow."

"Oh I'm sorry." She raises an eyebrow, and frowns against his shoulder, lips pulled in a thin line. "Am I suddenly babe because one Minatozaki Sana is not here?"

"Pretty sure you'd be babe if she was here okay?"

"Mm-hmm." She just snorts. "You say that now." Her arms wrap around his waist and for a moment they are still.

She's breathing him in and he's breathing her in and if he's being honest, he's more calm then he's ever been. Can't really tell if it's because of Tzuyu, or because of her scent (he briefly rolls his eyes because he sounds like a creep) but she smells like citrus and while he doesn't know how to pinpoint it, she smells like warmth, and safety and home rolled into one entity.

"I'd say it forever." His voice comes out a little pinched, with an underlaying of sincerity and just a tad bit of hurt.

"I know you would silly boy." She tsk's out, completely unfazed. And he thinks he falls in love with her a little more. "Which is good, because I'd like to hear it forever." There's a high vibrancy to her voice, and Yongnam wants to thank whatever god is out there because he knows he's difficult. He knows he can sometimes be a lot to handle, but every single time that he lets even the slightest bit of insecurity show she immediately squanders everything.