30| Seven Potters

They were using Polyjuice Potion!

It was a complete shocker. No, I hadn't been expecting it, not even a little. Each of them were going to pair up with seven Harrys, according to Moody.

"We're not doing this," Harry said. "I will not let people risk their lives for me."

"Told you it would tick him off," Hermione put in quickly, but Moody was not having any of it.

"This isn't about you. We are doing this. My mind's made up." He turned away from Harry. "Ms. Delacour, you're with Bill," Moody said. So, that's what his name was. Bill.

Hermione, you're with Kingsley. You'll be flying by Thestral." Mad eye's eye swiveled to Ron. "Weasley, you're with Tonks. You'll be travelling by broomsticks."

"I'm with George," Lupin said, pointing at the twin. "Broomsticks, as well."

"George is here," a voice called from the other side of the room. I stifled a laugh.

"That means you're with me," Mr. Weasley pointed at 'George'. "Traveling by broomstick."

"And I'm vith Bill. Ve vill travel by Thestral," Fleur said lovingly in a thick French accent, gazing up at the new Weasley I hadn't seen before.

"That settles it, then. Harry and Hagrid will go together on Sirius's motorbike," Moody said in his usual low, gravelly voice, "and Mundungus and I are going by broomstick.

Moody turned to Harry. "Hair, please."

"What?"

"I need your hair."

Behind him, Hermione slyly, like a cat, walked up and yanked a chunk of hair out.

"Ow!" Harry shouted. I laughed along with thirteen others as Harry rubbed the back of his head, annoyed. Moody pulled out a flask, the Polyjuice inside.

"One sip for everyone," Moody said, adding the hair. He passed the flask to Fred and George who took sips, turning to each other. Slowly, their skin started to bubble up as the transformed, getting obviously shorter by at least a foot. The red hair turned black, shoulders becoming slightly wider.

The two Harrys looked at each other.

"Wow, we're identical!"

Moody scowled at them.

"Just trying to diffuse the tension," Fred shrugged.

Next was Fleur, then Ron and Hermione, and lastly, Mudungus, who got taller by a few inches. Seven Harrys stood around the room.

Amazing.

They were given clothes identical to the ones the real Harry wore, and the room cleared as everyone turned their backs to each other to change.

"I'll, uh, get my own ride, then?" I said sheepishly, realizing what I was doing there. Moody turned to me, surprised to see me there.

Well, that hurt.

"Right. You weren't a part of the plan." He scratched his chin, thinking of what exactly to do with me.

"Come with us," one of the Harrys called. "I can keep you out of any more trouble."

"Thanks, but . . . who are you?"

"You still can't tell us apart? Fine, I'll give you this one." The Harry slipped on a light blue shirt, turning to face me. He slipped on round glasses, a staple in Harry's outfit. I nearly laughed at that.

"I'm Fred," he said. "Harry probably has his Firebolt lying around somewhere."

Okay.

* * *