42 | Occlumency

I flinched, shielding my face from the tip of Malfoy's wand. That was the worst memory possible for him to find. I was glad I'd ended it before we could get any further.

"You used Amortentia on me? Why the bloody hell don't I remember?"

"Stop spitting in my face and I'll tell you," I shot back. "It's your fault you were surfing through my memories in the first place, you muppet."

"Well, what did I do? After you ended that memory, what the hell did I do?"

"You don't want to know, mate," Theo rubbed the back of his neck. "I guess that's my cue to leave, now."

"Don't you dare move," I growled, pointing at him, lifting off my seat, but not before Draco pushed me down again. "You escaped once, but not this time," I snapped. Theo froze. I turned back to Malfoy. "You know I beat your sorry arse," I crossed my arms over my chest, a teasing smirk flitting across my face. "That's why you're so mad."

Draco couldn't seem to wrap his mind around what he'd just seen. His jaw hung like a loose drawer from its hinges.

"And you two planned against me together?" he sputtered, pointing his wand at the both of us.

"We did," I nodded a matter-of-factly. "Of course we did. Someone was bound to."

"And that was your 'greatest memory'?" he asked through gritted teeth, absolutely vexed. 

"No, but it was certainly one of my most prized ones. I finally got you back, Draco Malfoy." 

He scowled, pressing the tip of his wand in the area below my collarbone, face inches from mine. 

"Why can't I remember anything?"

I shot Theo a look. He tapped the wand in his back pocket. 

"Just as you asked, M'lady."

"Nott, didn't you have a prisoner to catch?" Draco turned on him. The smirk vanished fro Theo's lips and he seemed to cower under Malfoy's shadow. 

"They didn't need me. Pansy got him before he could get too far."

Pansy was a Death Eater too? No surprise there. I always suspected she'd take the dark route.

I stopped moving, icy fingers wrapping around my heart. Who was I to speak? I'd taken the dark route as well. 

"I'm going to have to go back in," Draco pointed at my head. "I have to know what happened next."

"Nothing, Draco," I said, pushing his hand away and getting to my feet. "Honestly, all you did was try to kiss me in front of a few thousand students—"

"I did what?" The blond boy sputtered, his cheeks turning to the color of fresh red roses, prominent against his deadly pale skin. 

Theo laughed, but was immediately silenced by Malfoy's daunting expression. 

"I'm just kidding," I raised my hands, assuring him. "It never happened."

When Malfoy turned away in relief, Theo's eye caught mine and he shook his head at me disapprovingly. 

Liar, he smirked.