Dally || Imagine

maverickrolland, enjoy!

The wood of the old rocking chair creaked as I rocked back and forth, hands folded on my bulging stomach.
I stood up slowly. "Where are you, Dallas?" I said softly, looking out the window.

I felt a kick from my abdomen and smiled weakly. "Hey there little buddy," I cooed.

"Maverick...a little," Dallas's voice echoed through the house, along with a hiccup, "help here?"

Waddling over to where he was, my eyes narrowed into slits. "Are you serious, Dallas Tucker Winston?! You're gonna be a father anytime now, and you went out and got drunk?! Shame on you!"

"Come on, babe," Dallas leaned forward to hug me.

Backing away, I shook my head. "I will not have our son grow up with a drunkard as his father!"

"But-"

"But what? You 'gotta live a little'?" I mocked Dallas's voice. "Dallas," my voice broke, "I trusted you!"

Dallas's eyes softened. "What-"

"I grew up knowing my cousins parents were horrible, drunkards, ...and abusive. Please, stop, Dal, I don't want that for our child."

The house was silent for a few moments. "Oh, Mav. I won't be like them."

"You'll stop?" I looked into his eyes.

Dally nodded a yes. "Yeah, for you...and little Dallas junior here," he said, placing a hand on my belly.

Smiling, I walked closer and kissed him. I could taste the faint remainder of alcohol on his lips, but I knew he meant it. "Thank y-" I started, cut off by a sharp, quick, shooting pain.

"Maverick?" Dally whispered in my hair softly. "What is it?"

"The baby-he's coming," I gasped. "Oh Lord, you're drunk and don't you dare say you'll drive...get the neighbors- ah!- now!"

Luckily, Dallas did as told. In less than an hour, I was in a hospital room, screaming. Two, three, four hours past until I was dilated enough to push.

"Five more pushes, Mrs. Winston!" Dr. Lane said to me.

One. "Argh!" Two. "I can't do this!" Three. Dallas held on to my hand looking real scared. "You're doing great, babe...keep pushin'!" Four. "I can see the head!" Dr. Lane exclaimed. Five. "And he's here!" I heard a wail from a baby...my baby.

I looked at Dallas and beamed as I was handed my- our son. "Our baby...he's here."

Tears streamed down my cheeks as little Dallas reached up to my nose. I held him close and smiled as Dally placed a hand on my shoulder. "I promise," I whispered into Dallas' little baby hair, "Daddy and I will take care of you. Forever."

Dally cupped his son's head in his hand. "Welcome to the world, little me."