Chapter 2

My house is made of cement and metal. There is cement between the metal. So, our neighborhood looks like a row of silver. It's a B-Point house where there are 2 floors and there are 4 bedrooms. It's the house my parents moved into the moment they found out I had no powers.- the house comes complete with command codes that are fueled by dreams extracted from dead people. These command codes make it easy to live life, dreamless. That's also why a lot of my neighbors are old. I enter my house and sling my bag off and remove my sweater which is caught by a tray that comes off from the wall to retrieve my things and place them into the closet. I slip off my shoes on the platform in front of the door and as I move forward- the platform moves side ways and slides my shoes into the shoe closet. I sigh and walk into the kitchen and rummage through the fridge. I press the blue button near the kitchen light switch. "Sora…?". The speaker above the button spoke back in a calm voice. "Yes?" I sighed and asked the system

 "What can be made by the things in the kitchen?"

"Well Kai, Since you just came back from school you could try making a Luprin snack. Take the bread from the cupboard and toast them to crisp. Mix liquids: Butter, Cream and Flur in a bowl and have them completely mixed. Take bread out and add strawberries into the centre by using the MaxDrill to have it placed in the middle and close off the hole with the liquid mix."

"Thanks."

Sora was sorta like a mechanical helper. She scanned the house to prevent break ins and when ever anything was lost, you could just ask her and she would know, as long as the item was in the house. It was fun to hang with Sora when I was alone at home- But I eventually get bored and tired from holding the button. I did as Sora instructed and looked at my Snacks… Not bad. They were pretty good. I walked over to the staircase and as I stomped my feet 6 times the stair case carried me to the second floor and I went to my room as my steel door opened at the sound of me saying, "Dreamless".

There wasn't anything significant I could do as a dreamless child. I sat in front of my window throwing a hand ball back and forth the wall. I turned my chair around and rolled over to my cabinet to looked for my Dream. It was a regular stone and I sometimes prayed to it. Thinking it would give me powers if I squinted my eyes really hard and clenched it against my chest for a long time. I stared at it's edges and rolled backwards, hitting the edge of my bed. I looked up towards my room light and held the rock up to the light. 

" Rock… Why am I like this?"

I really didn't understand why, and no one else did either. My parents both had dreams, so why didn't I? My dad and my mom and all my other known ancestors. 

Then something alarmed me. Red lights flooded the house and Sora was setting off a screeching sound. I fell from my chair and scrambled to my feet. No one would be able to penetrate these walls. Then the floors shook. I ran down the stairs and looked out the window. I saw authority cars parked outside. Then a red circle formed on the floor and men in army uniform came through. They grabbed my arm and as they did I kicked the man in the stomach and ran towards the back door. I ran but the one of the men had the power of Telekinesis and he made me stop any movement.As I looked like an idiot frozen the remaining guards placed my hands behind my back and locked them with hand cuffs. I was forced outside and as they pushed me I kept struggling and pushing side to side. As I stepped out the house I saw my parents looking at me. The watched me, but did nothing. There were guards around the entire neighbor hood. I was forced in a steel van and the last moments I saw where the looks on my parents faces, They look relieved.