~Chapter Three~

🎉~🎈~🍾~🍺
"No one looks back on
their life and remembers
the night they had plenty
of sleep."

- Unknown
🍺~🍾~🎈~🎉

With the firm instruction to turn right down 'Bushwell Lane' from the Sat Nav, it doesn't take us long to discover where the party is.
An endless sea of bright colours and sequence litter this guy's front yard, the mere sight of it intimidating me slightly. Red solo cups happen to be evenly distributed among all party-goers which, judging by the extremely questionable dancing, not to mention the various couples engaging in heated make-out sessions, seems to be filled with alcohol.
One couple in particular seriously need to consider taking their 'party for two' elsewhere before their public display of affection reaches its ultimate peak.

I'm uncomfortable just looking at them.

"How long has this party been going on for?" I ask, while Anna and I both stare opened mouthed at the scene displayed in front of us.

Prying her eyes away from the continuous amounts of profanities, she locks her crystal-blue eyes onto mine, offering me a look of amusement.

"Umm, Gregg said it stated at 7.30pm, so an hour and a half." she replies, confirming my thoughts that Californian's certainly waste no time in 'getting the party started'.

"Well then, shall we?" I offer, already wanting this night to end.

With an encouraging head nod from Anna, we make our way out of the car and up the path, passing the same couple who are now participating in what can only be described as 'over the clothes foreplay'. Once we reach the front door, we eagerly push our way through the large group of people currently blocking the entrance, desperate to avoid wandering hands while doing so.
After finally breaking free from the crowed, I'm instantly hit with the smell of cheap beer and smoke, causing a deep cringe to settle across my face as the awful smells attack my nostrils.

I Allow my eyes to scan the house, or rather mansion, easily concluding that there are roughly a hundred people crammed inside, much to my dismay.

There appears to be a song blaring out of the sound system, which I'm afraid to say I don't recognise and it's here that I'm brought to the attention of the makeshift dance floor.
I catch sight of different friendship circles, participating in various, questionable social activities. There are a group of girls in the open living room, dancing like a bunch of stripper's trying to impress the perverts that are watching, and in the kitchen, there seems to be a very intense game of spin the bottle.

How very middle school of them.

Everyone else appears to be happily drinking their free beer while engaging in general chit chat, with the occasional game of beer pong taking place.

"Meet back here in two hours, okay?" I shout to Anna over the loud base of the music, pumping throughout the entire house.

"Yep, okay but do me a favour, Amelia, have fun tonight, you need this." she says, offering my hand an encouraging squeeze.

Her eyes suddenly glide past mine before I can respond, focusing instead on something happening behind me.

"Gregg!" she screams and runs over to who I assume is Gregg, the host of tonight's party.

His eyes light up like a Christmas tree as he slowly drinks in the perfect sight of Anna, giving away his every intention with her.