~Chapter nineteen~

🌟~💋~👫
One of the greatest
gifts a person
can give another is
support.
-Unknown
👫~💋~🌟

Having insisted on doing pleasantries with my family, Aidan and I arrive at the bowling alley ten minutes behind schedule, certainly giving Chloe and Dylan something to talk about. Their suspicious smirks and raised eyebrows speak volumes and if that wasn't enough, the subtleness that is Dylan opens his big mouth, mortifying Chloe in the process.

"Finally! I'm glad you guys could make it. Too busy warming up in the car?" he smirks, aiming his enquiry straight at Aidan, who nervously blushes a subtle shade of pink.

His reference of warming up in the car doesn't go unnoticed and I physically have to halt all gagging motions as I desperately try not to think of Aidan and Jenna doing the dirty in the backseat.

And to think, I was sat in that exact vehicle only moments ago. Gross!

Thankfully, Chloe steps in and whilst Dylan attempts to drape a protective arm around her waist, she immediately recoils away, shooting him a stern look.

"Babe, shut up!" she defends, offering me an apologetic smile. "Ignore him, he's just winding you up."

Dylan holds out his hands in mock surrender but the look on his face says anything but. He deliberately shoots me an amused smirk, one in which undoubtedly says 'I'm on to you', but thankfully, before he can digress any further, Drew jumps out from nowhere, cluing us all in on tonight's plans.

"We're playing in teams." he informs, before continuing his elaboration. "Me and Jess, Chloe and Dylan." he pauses briefly, as if what he's about to say is being forced out of him. "Aidan and Amelia."

Well isn't this just convenient.

"Great, let's go!" suggests Chloe, sharing a smug glance with Jess as she joins us, their sinister smiles saying all I need to know.

I make a mental note to have a word with them both later but decide to let it drop for now. Besides, I can't very well demand that we switch teams, that would appear incredibly suspicious, not to mention highly uncalled for. The truth is, I don't mind being on a team with Aidan but if Jess and Chloe insist on throwing us together at any given moment, it's going to make remaining friends extremely difficult. I'm already struggling as it is, I do not need further encouragement. 

"Right, game plan." speaks Aidan, shoving his words deliciously down my ear in a hushed whisper. "Wipe the floor with them to make them regret ever using their match making skills on us."

I quickly twist my head around and match his amused smirk, relieved I'm not the only one picking up on their attempts at bringing us closer together.

"Great plan, though you're failing to recognise the most important element that may jepodise the entire mission." I reply, pausing slightly to ask the assistant for my shoe size.

Aidan sticks out his glorious chin in deep thought, shaking his head when he fails to pick up on my point, signalling for me to elaborate.

"I'm terrible at bowling."

~~~~

As anticipated, Aidan and I end up loosing miserably, having given up not even half way through the game; my lack of aim and hand-eye coordination being the main decider. After I screwed up our third go, setting us fifty points behind, we spend the remainder of the game fooling around and playing our own version of 'who can bowl the worst'.