~Chapter twenty eight~

😈~💚~🌹
Love begins with
an image; lust
a sensation.

-Unknown
🌹~💚~😈

Being back inside Aidan's house welcomes all kinds of comforting feelings by offering up a sense of safety and familiarity, yet it also provides huge amounts of joy in the form of crazy shenanigans. The noisy clatter of plates being laid out, alongside the general chit-chat of voices spilling in from the kitchen creates a homely vibe and has me itching to get further inside.

"I can't wait for Aidan to see you." states Kyle, unknowing to our presence in the next room along. "He's gonna lose his shit when he realises."

Aidan, having heard this, quickly halts all movement and shoots me a curious glance before slowly building up the courage to take another step forward, curious to see who the mystery guest is.

"Me too, Son. This last trip was too long." replies a deep voice, mature beyond its years.

"Dad!" blurts Aidan, proving Kyle right in his assumptions by, indeed, losing his shit.

The man, or rather Aidan's Dad as we've now established, responds by revealing himself from behind the kitchen door, matching his Son's enthusiasm with a blinding smile. I immediately place him at roughly forty five and whilst casually sporting dark jeans and a black T-shirt like he was born to do so, I conclude Jane is one lucky lady to have bagged herself a man like him. Then again, Jane is also incredibly beautiful, not to mention very kind. Perhaps he's the lucky one?

"What are you doing back?" questions Aidan, the pitch in which he uses rising to an all time high.

It's incredible to see him in such a state of happiness and I have to admit, I love seeing him like this. Aidan is never shy of flashing us all a smirk or two but very rarely is it the real deal. I more often than not recognise the pain behind that gorgeous gaze of his and seeing that disappear at the sight of his Father is truly wonderful.

So wonderful, I wish I could experience something similar with my own Dad.

"Surprise, kid." replies his Dad, interrupting my revolutionary thoughts by drastically flinging his toned arms around his youngest Son. "God, I've missed you." he whispers, seriously pulling at my heart strings.

At six ft tall with the natural ability to light up an entire room, it's easy to pinpoint exactly who Kyle and Aidan take after; branding all three Richards men well and truly blessed in the looks department. Were I currently not checking Aidan and his adorable cheek dimples out, I'm sure I would've caught Jane sauntering over and casually wrapping me up in a friendly hug, stating how happy she is to have me over for dinner. Her floral perfume attacks my senses in the most glorious of ways possible and I struggle to set myself free as she clings on for dear life.

"You feeling better?" she whispers, simultaneously stroking both my arms in a caring caress.

"Much better." I smile, unable to stop my gaze from seeking out Aidan's in a frantic need to feel closer to him again. "He's a great friend." I add, more for my own benefit than anything else.

I understand it's fruitless to keep saying that, as if doing so enough will magically make it true but maybe if I can convince those around us that we're just friends, their suggestive stares will become less, well...suggestive.