~Chapter sixteen~

💕~👀~👓
I love it when I catch
you looking
at me.

-Unknown
👓~👀~💕

Whichever idiot invented the logic behind the high school social pyramid was either high on drugs at the time, or down right stupid. As its turns out, being somewhat popular doesn't automatically make you liked and if today has taught me anything, it's that Jenna's is the walking example of both those things.
People left, right and centre have been congratulating Anna on her 'neat aim' all morning and one rather scrawny looking guy even went as far as to high five her in the middle of our History lesson. Needless to say, last nights panicking had all been for nothing and if my 'I told you so' expression doesn't offer me the satisfaction I crave, Jenna's face like a slapped ass certainly does.

This morning has dragged terribly in terms of boring lessons and I've yet to see Aidan but with lunch time fast approaching, I have my bucket and spade firmly at the ready, more than a little excited to be doing some digging. My feelings on the matter still remain very much in tact and while I understand I probably have enough of my own problems to be dealing with, I simply cannot and will not turn my back on him. Besides, focusing my efforts on his somewhat mysterious circumstances takes the heat off of my own.

A distraction, that's what this is. Nothing more.

"Amelia, get your sexy ass over here and meet Chloe!" hollers Jess from her usual seat in the school's cafeteria, stuffing what I can see are french fries in her mouth.

Chloe Mathews, with her snow white skin and copper-like hair, sits elegantly next to Jess, sporting designer gear and smelling like peaches. Her emerald green, slightly golden eyes radiate warmth and I instantly take a liking to her, relishing in her natural beauty.

Nice one, Amelia! Surround yourself with two model-looking girls at school; that'll make your boring brown hair and dull hazel eyes appear more attractive.

"Hey, I'm Chloe, nice to finally meet you." she speaks, her voice settled slightly lower in the throat than expected.

I suddenly remember that she's dating Dylan and images of them together sit perfectly in my mind, emulating the true essence of 'relationship goals'. With her hypnotising eyes and his natural physique, it really is only fair to assume the pair will make incredible looking babies one day, should they chose to procreate.

"Likewise, did you enjoy your vacation?" I ask polity, sitting myself down opposite the two.

I refuse food yet again, deciding instead my body will be fine running off of the energy from my eleven o'clock banana and hope that by doing so I don't draw attention to myself.

"Yeah, France is gorgeous in September. We have family there too, so it's always nice to see that crazy lot." she replies, as if reminiscing on her time spent over there. "But I missed my love muffin too much!" she adds and while I assume she's talking about Dylan, I question the origins of that very particular nickname, slightly disturbed by its premiss. "And I suppose I missed Dylan too!" she then adds, proving me wrong in my assumptions.

"Don't call me that ever again! I still can't believe he tried to to make that a thing!" shrieks Jess, moving on to tell me about a time Drew, unknowing to her, decided to start calling her love muffin and proceeded to test out the waters one lunch time, much to everyone's amusement. "I was totally mortified. Still am!" she laughs, shutting up when something behind my head grabs her attention.