~Chapter thirty nine~

To all my lovely readers; thank you. Enjoy the finale... <3

❄️~🌧~☀️~🍂
You will forever be
my always.

-Unknown.
🍂~☀️~🌧~☀️

Having confessed my true feelings to Aidan last night, I feel oddly at peace with the world and whist succumbing to the inevitable warmth that comes with sharing a bed with him, I allow myself the privilege of watching him as he soundly sleeps. Having been through so much this last week, I really do enjoy seeing him in such a state of tranquility and if I had my own way, I'd leave him here to sleep for days on end.

"Stop staring at me, woman!" he grumbles, smirking his way through each mumbled word.

I smile against the backlash of his comment, slightly embarrassed for having been caught.

"How long have you been awake?" I ask, resting my forehand against his.

"Five, maybe ten minutes? I'm enjoying my snuggle time." he admits, pulling on my hips and further subjecting himself to more of it.

I happily wiggle within his hold, hoping and praying for some sort of miracle that would allow for us to remain in this position forever. It's so comforting having his warmth wrap around me in such close proximity, not to mention his manly scent filling my senses.

What I would give to stay like this all day.

"What do you wanna do today?" I ask, dragging my forefinger down his chiseled jaw and watching as each muscle contracts against my touch.

Its surface is rough with the beginnings of a slight stubble taking place and although sharp against my fingertips, I find I enjoy the uneven sensation.

"Hmm, we could stay in bed all day?" he suggests, pressing his plump lips to my collarbone. "I'm quite taken by the idea of having you all to myself." he adds, trailing soft kisses up and down my neck.

I giggle against the tickling motion of his mouth but soon stop when the sound of my Dad's curiosity filtering in through my bedroom door scares me half to death.

"Amelia?"

"Yeah?" I ask, praying to god he doesn't enter.

If he walks in right now and sees Aidan lying naked in my bed, I'm as good as dead.

"Breakfast is ready, sweetheart. Pancakes!" he declares, thankfully remaining on his side of the door.

"Kay! Be down in a sec." I holler, smiling as Aidan wiggles his eyebrows in a 'thank fuck we escaped that' motion.

"Aidan, you're welcome to join us too." adds Dad, humorously descending the stairs.

Oh. My. God!

"Thanks." shouts Aidan, figuring there's no point in hiding.

We both openly stare at one another for quite some time, rather baffled by what has just happened but soon lose ourselves in the form of over the top hysterics. Happiness in an emotion long forgotten on both of us but it would seem being caught red handed by my Dad has sparked the feeling within.
I know I'll be subject to a lecture later on but I also know that my Dad secretly loves Aidan and is just as happy for us being together as I am. Lord knows we both deserve a break right now but that's not to say we have the right to disobey rules. Simply put, if Dad and Hannah say no more sleepovers, I have to respect that.