~Chapter thirty seven~

☀️~🌑~❤️
Even the darkest
night will end
and the sun will rise.

-Unknown
❤️~🌑~☀️

"She's gone."

A million and one things run through my mind when I hear Aidan speak those fatal few words, yet somehow my feet cannot connect to my brain and spring into action, no matter how hard I will them to.

"Where are you? I'll come for yo- Aidan?"

The line clicks dead before I can finish my sentence, triggering a wave of complete panic to spread through my entire system. I hardly have time to comprehend the fact that Jane is dead before I'm re-dialling his number, begging him to pick up.

"Please, please, please."

Nothing.

I throw down my phone in frustration, hating how hurt Aidan must be feeling right now and how I am, once again, unable to reach him. My need to be with him outweighs any respect for the 'space' he may require and whilst careful not to wake up anyone in the house, I quickly slip on the first pair of jeans I grab, alongside some shoes and a top. I'm in the process of grabbing my car keys when an incoming call screeches from my cell, currently resting in between my bed sheets.

"Aidan?"

"No, it's me. Is he with you?"

Jess' question is frantic in its pursuit, further worrying me with regards to Aidan's apparent unknown whereabouts.

"No, why? Is he not at home? I'm on my way over there now." I reply, practically flying from my house and entering my car.

"Shit Amelia, he took off. She passed away and he just up and left. It's been four hours."

Fuck!

"Jess, calm down, he called me five minutes ago so we know he's safe. I'll be there in ten, okay?" I offer, barely giving her the opportunity to respond before I'm buckled up and taking off in the direction of Aidan's house.

My thoughts are frantic as I not-so-legally spreed along the road, desperate to reach my intended destination. Of course, doing so is highly irresponsible of me but with the knowledge that Jane is dead and Aidan having been missing for over four hours now, I really couldn't care less. I need to get to him.

~~~~

"Amelia!"

Hayley practically jumps me the second the door opens to reveal my concerned face; her own worried one certainly not helping the situation. With hair scraped back and make-up non existent, I can easily see she's been crying and although tempting in its own right, I refuse to allow myself the pleasure.

I can grieve once I know Aidan is safe.

I squeeze her vigorously and just as quickly pull away, seeing Jess enter with her Mom; the pair sporting similar expressions to that of Hayley's.

"Thank you for coming. The guys are out looking for him now. What did he say to you when he called?" asks Jess, clearly in shock over tonight's traumatic events.

"He just said she was gone then hung up," I reply, offering Jess' Mom a reassuring smile.

She's just lost her sister and looks truly distraught to say the least.