~Chapter Six~ *

🌶/ Mature content in this chapter\🌶

💚~☀️~🌍
"Just by your touch,
you make me forget
the rest of the
world."

-Unknown.
🌍~☀️~💚

Composing myself by forcefully sucking copious amounts of oxygen into my lungs, I finally build up enough courage to re-enter my room and face Aidan. Upon my entrance, I notice his back is facing me as he stares at a photograph of my Mom, Anna and I, pinned to my bedroom wall, seemingly admiring the captured moment.

"You managed to compose yourself now darling?" he speaks, the undeniable amount of arrogance lacing his voice, angering me further.

He doesn't bother turning around to direct his question at me, instead, he allows himself to aimlessly wander around my room, pausing at my book shelf.

"Jane Austen fan?" he asks, arching a perfectly defined eyebrow and finally making eye contact with me.

I respond by simply narrowing my eyes and for a brief second, contemplate whether I imagined our 'almost kiss' because it seems Aidan sure as hell has forgotten. Either that, or he is acting distant on purpose.

Whichever, I'm tired, pissed off and ready for this night to end so decide to aid in its doing so by moving towards my French doors and gesturing for Aidan to get the hell out.
He seems to sense my anger and makes his way over to me, agonisingly slow. Just inches apart, he brings his hand up and cups my chin, an action that, much to my annoyance, makes my stomach flutter.

"What's wrong darling? Not feeling talkative all of a sudden?" he asks, a full smirk gracing his perfectly plump lips.

Lips that still haven't kissed me.

"Don't call me 'darling', you don't know me and yes, I'm not feeling very talkative all of a sudden, so if you could kindly leave, that'd be great." I reply, making sure my sarcasm is disguised with politeness.

The truth is, I'm annoyed because he didn't kiss me but I'd rather he didn't know that fact. Being upset over something like this simply makes me seem childish but I can't help it; the closer I get to him, the emptier I feel and I'm in serious need of feeling numb right now.

"Or I could stay and kiss you?" he offers, backing me up until my body comes into contact with a solid surface.

He positions his hands at either side of my head on the wall behind, trapping me with his delightful arms. His hazel eyes scorch into mine; the intensity of his gaze causing all logical thoughts to wipe from my mind as I stupidly allow my eyes to travel down to his rosy pink lips.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" he asks in a delicious whisper that has my internal mind screaming Hell yeah!

Unfortunately, I seem to lose the ability to speak and end up standing completely still with my mouth hanging open in a less than attractive manner. Aidan, seemingly taking my silence as a strong 'yes', inches his face closer to mine, the smell of his minty breath exciting me.

Once again, I'm overcome with a numbness and relish in the feeling of being completely damage free. My Mother is dead, I'm 2,917 miles away from home and I'm living with my 'dad' who also happens to be a complete stranger to me, yet none of that seems to matter in this moment. It's all overpowered by the endless amount of butterflies surging in my stomach and the strong adrenaline pumping through my veins.