Briefing

I'M BACK. after one day, which is embarrasingly keen. I can't promise that my updates will always be this regular, but I'll try my best to get at least one chapter out every 10 days from now on. In this Chapter, we are introduced to The Winter Soldier, as well as Colonel Pine, a character who will come into his own later on in this story. You guys may as well start hating him from now on, bc he isn't going to get any better. 

Hope you enjoy xx 

EDITED 03/07/2018

ERIN POV

The night air was freezing cold. Erin wrapped her arms around her chest, pulling her thin leather jacket closer to herself as she walked. She hated coming home in the dark. Even in Washington D.C, the midnight streets were slightly too deserted for her liking; but she only lived half an hour from S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters, and she couldn't afford to get the bus every day and pay her rent.

Erin entered her small flat at half-past twelve and was greeted almost instantly by Crookshanks, her orange tabby cat.

"Hey, sweetie," she muttered, leaning down to stroke the cat between its ears before locking her door behind her. Her flat wasn't big, and the unnecessary amount of furniture that she had added to it made it seem even smaller. She was a hoarder, she would admit that to herself; if not to her mum every time she visited from England and complained about the mess. Two dusty couches that she had rescued from charity shops sat in the middle of her main room, with a large coffee table filled with half-read books and half-drunk cups of tea in between them. She wouldn't say that they were ugly couches, but they certainly weren't 'fashionable'. They were covered in a pattern of washed-out roses and peonies, and at the price of twenty dollars each, she wouldn't have said no.

She walked into her bedroom, slipping out of her work clothes and throwing on an oversized t-shirt, before basically falling into the double-bed. She set the alarm on her dresser for seven O'Clock, and closed her eyes, exhausted. If the white blood cells in her microscope in the lab hadn't eaten up her serum by the time she got into work tomorrow, she would have to go-ahead to start animal trials, and then, all going well, she would have the ability to test it on humans. The thought thrilled her. After months of working and planning she would finally be able to see the effects of the serum first-hand. If it worked, she would revolutionise the way that S.H.I.E.L.D performed operations.

With a smile on her face, and a cat curled up on her chest, Erin drifted off to sleep.

.........................................

PINE POV

"Tell me that again, from the beginning."

Colonel Steven Pine was annoyed, to say the least. It was late at night, too late, and he should be home with his wife, but instead, was having to listen to hearsay from a Private who thought that he had stumbled upon his big break.

"They say that it's a scientific breakthrough in the Chemical synthesis community," The younger man continued, his greasy blonde hair combed back behind his eyes, stood up ramrod straight to attention. Pine noticed that his hands, though clasped firmly in front of him, were shaking slightly. He smiled inwardly at that. It was nice to know that he could still put fear into the hearts of those under his command.

He knew that he was an intimidating man. His 6"3' build and 250lb frame made sure that nobody messed with him when he didn't want them to. A thick scar ran down the left side of his chiselled face, a memory of days gone past, and his greying dark hair was shaved short to his head.

No wonder the Private was scared of him.

"People also say that the moon landing was faked, Private. Gossip spreads around people like a virus. How do I know that you're telling the truth?"