Lips

CHAPTER THIRTY AND WE FINALLY GET SOME ACTION i have to admire you guys and your perseverance.

"I don't get it," Bucky was on his fourth slice of pizza, feet tucked under his body, staring in confusion at the six DVDs that Erin had lined up on the floor. She looked up at him.

"Why are we watching the fourth episode first?"

He could see Erin try to hide a smile at his question. She pushed the DVD into the player and grabbed the remote, plonking herself down next to Bucky in the exact same position. Knees crossed, back against the backrest. She didn't seem to notice the fact that the tip of her knee was brushing against the tip of Bucky's.

"In the time that it would take me to explain it to you we could probably have got through the whole trilogy," she admitted, picking up a piece of pizza, taking a large bite, and pressing the button on the remote. Yellow words flashed up on the screen, rolling up.

Episode IV, A NEW HOPE

It is a period of civil war.

Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base,

have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire.

"Who's the Galactic Empire?"

"If you would shut up and read the bloody text you'd bloody know," replied Erin, who was watching the screen intensely, whilst trying to fit two entire slices of Hawaiian pizza into her mouth. Bucky raised an eyebrow at her. She turned her head to look at him, and the pair stayed like that for a solid five seconds, staring intently at each other's eyes, before bursting simultaneously into fits of laughter.

"Okay, okay I'm shutting up," Bucky chuclked out, drawing his eyes from Erin and focusing them instead of the words of the screen. He couldn't remember the last time that he had laughed as much. He didn't know what it was about Erin, if it was her easy going way of talking or her smile that seemed to catch the light every time he saw it, but he felt almost disgustingly happy in her company.

He settled back in his position, chewing pensively as the text faded from the screen and was replaced by a scene. To his surprise Bucky actually really got into the movie, even leaning forwards from his seat in excitement at pivotal moments. Despite occasional quips from Erin such as:

"WAIT until you find out who that guy is."

he actually found himself completely transfixed. About half way through the film, he noticed a hand sneaking into the right of his field of vision. He glanced to the side to see Erin trying to take a piece of pepperoni pizza from his plate without disturbing him, contorting herself into a ridiculously uncomfortable position so as to steal the food without arousing his suspicion.

"You alright there?" He asked jokily. She let out a pained grunt.

"Nothing to see here, keep watching."

He rolled his eyes and picked up his plate with one hand, and the whole of Erin's torso with the other, pulling her back onto the couch.

"You could have just asked, you know?" He laughed, holding out the plate. She took a single slice, and shrugged.

"Where's the fun in that?"

She was relatively silent for the remainder of the film, apart from occasionally butting in with cryptic sentences such as 'Pay close attention to this bit. This will be important later.'

Ironically, Bucky realised that he would be paying far closer attention to the film if it weren't for her constant giddy interruptions, but he found himself not minding it at all. It was nice to have somebody speak to him just for the sake of having a conversation.