Concern

I'M A SHIT.

i'M SORRY.

I promised that this would be the great escape chapter, and my plan was to do a GIANT FAT 5000 WORD CHAPTER, but i figured it would be better split into 2, so the escape will happen next chapter.

ALSO I SAW CIVIL WAR YESTERDAY AND H O L Y S H I T IT WAS AMAZING IM STILL HYPERVENTILATING

Enjoy x also be warned this chapter is pretty violent x

**********

'Try to control your mouth around him.'

That was what the Soldier had told Erin, less than 14 hours ago, but here she was, being held up by two men in khaki uniforms she had never seen before, Colonel Pine looking down at her with a sadistic glint in his eye. So far, controlling her mouth hadn't gone particularly well.

She spat a globule of blood onto the floor, her face stinging from the Colonel's last slap. She took a deep breath inwards, telling herself that this would all be over soon. James had a plan to get her out of there by tonight, and despite the fact that it was unlikely to work as well as she hoped, she kept the thought of freedom in her mind. It was the only thing preventing her from spilling the beans and telling Pine everything that she knew. He had been especially hard today, and Erin ached all over. She was sure that a few of her ribs had been broken by the pummelling that she had received, but still, even now, her face remained strong.

"My Grandma can hit harder than that, and she's dead."

Pine regarded her coldly and Erin flinched, expecting another punch. When it didn't come, she opened her eyes, confused to see that Pine had taken a step backwards his arms folded, a smug look on his face.

This couldn't be good.

"Matthewson." Pine's gaze was directed to the man on her left, whose arms were wrapped tightly around her bicep, preventing her from moving.

"Yes, Sir."

The corner of Pine's mouth twisted up into a smile, wrinkling the scar on his face.

"Break her arm."

Erin's eyes widened slightly as she comprehended what Pine was saying. All the violence up until now had been external, cuts and bruises, nothing that would last. A broken arm was considerably more serious.

"Wait..." She muttered, but the man behind her took no heed. She felt her arm being roughly straightened out, and with great force, he suddenly pushed down hard, bending her forearm in the opposite direction to the joint. There was an audible 'pop', and Erin's vision turned red. The pain was unimaginable, a fire spreading from her elbow all around her body. She was immobile with it, unable to speak, or blink, or move. She could hear somebody screaming, and it took her a while to figure out that it was herself. Her arm hung useless by her side, throbbing.

She heard Pine say something, but her brain couldn't work out what it was. A strong hand threaded through her hair and pulled her face upwards, her vision hazy.

"What's in M.F.C.T.S?" The question came again. Erin let out a shaky breath. Surely, if she told him, all of this would be over. She wouldn't have to stay here anymore, face this treatment. It was tempting, she had to admit.

She let out a small groan of pain, and looked Pine directly in the eyes.

"You know I can't tell you that." Her voice was monotonous, broken.

His eyebrow raised in surprise. What? No insulting quip. No jibe to try to rile him, just a simple answer? He was getting somewhere.

"Why not?"