Heart to Heart

Another Chapter here we go. Don't worry, there's going to be a change of setting soon (in case youre getting bored of constant torture scenes) 

Also, please let me know if Erin is getting anywhere close to a Mary Sue, because that's not what I'm trying to do here. 

Alrighty on we go, and as always, if you like it, please vote and reveiw xxx (As well as that, much thanks to Becky, who drew the fab picture of Bucky and Erin from a scene in this Chapter)

The Soldier wasn't surprised to see Erin lying motionless on the cold white floor when he walked into the room. He rolled his eyes hard enough that he thought they'd start to hurt. Pine was nothing if not thorough. Closing the door quietly behind him, he gingerly walked up to her, trying not to make too much noise. The girl had barely slept a wink in the three days that she had been here, he might as well let her get some shut-eye whilst she could.

He grimaced to himself as he took in the state of her face. There was an ugly bruise that ran the whole way down her left cheek, purpling slightly. He crouched down and put his arms on his knees, trying to take a better look. Pine had really done his best work yet. He had watched what had unfolded here hours prior on Pine's office computer. It hadn't been pretty, and that's coming from a professional assassin. He had brought Andrew and Tobias, two of his more sycophantic cronies, to help him this time. He hadn't even needed them.

The scars on her legs were still red-raw, rusty brown scabs beginning to form over them. It would take a while before they healed. Knowing Pine, he would probably open them up again before long. The Soldiers eyes roamed over her sleeping face, his eyebrows knotting. She was so small, barely five foot two, and little over 120 pounds soaking wet and yet here she was, resisting a brutal torture by one of the most sadistic men that the Soldier had ever met. He had to hand it to her, the girl had balls.

That, or she was just incredibly stupid. But then again bravery and stupidity tend to be synonymous.

He shuffled slightly closer, examining her almost clinically, his face inches from hers. She was young, her face not yet marked by wrinkles and her hair was a dark blonde, almost the colour of honey. Well... the bits of her hair that weren't matted with blood, at least. He sighed to himself and slowly lifted her up, trying not to jar her too much. His job was to be supportive to her, he might as well try. Hopefully, she'd tell him the formula soon and he could get back to doing what he was good at.

Carrying her bridal-style, he walked over to the dingy mattress and placed her down. She emitted a pissed-off sounding grunt and the Soldier barely concealed a sigh of annoyance. So much for his plan of 'wipe off the blood and go'.

Her eyes fluttered open and she looked up at him, confused.

"Ah. You again."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Me again."

He stalked out of the room and returned carrying a large bowl of water and a cloth. Erin's eyes widened in surprise.

"Aftercare? I don't know what they taught you guys in torture-school but I don't think you're supposed to be nice to the person after you've finished bashing their face in."

The Soldier stayed silent, closing the door with his hip and walking back over to the mattress and placing the bowl on the floor. He wet the cloth and brought it up to Erin's forehead, where a new gash was bleeding. She raised her hand and slapped the Soldier's arm away.

"Just let me do my fucking job." He muttered angrily.

"He speaks?!" She said in mock-surprise at his outburst and he rolled his eyes. Not for the first time, he mentally cursed Pine for giving him this job. Just a simple assassination, that was all he wanted and instead he had been saddled with babysitting a foul-mouthed and cranky BioChemist.