c i n q

Marinette's eyes fluttered open gently and she turned in her bed to see the time. 7:00 AM; for once she was on time. Yawning, she sat up and stretched, then rubbed the sleep from her eyes. As the blurriness of sleep left her eyes, she saw a blonde head resting on the arm of her chaise lounge.
"Chat?" She mumbled, "is that you?"
The person turned over and sat up groggily. "Marinette? Why are you in my- oh sugar!" He cursed under his breath. "Did I stay at yours last night?"
"Adrien? Oh, yes, you must have fallen asleep last night. Do you need to borrow a toothbrush?" She said, her mind slowly beginning to function.
"Mmm, thanks. But I ought to be going and apologise to my dad-"
"To your dad? Why should he care? You're eighteen!"
"But he's also my boss?"
"He doesn't need to know where you are 24/7. He can deal with it, I'm sure." Marinette said. He regarded her dubiously but nodded.
"If you want breakfast, my parents brought some croissants over yesterday. They're not that fresh but they're better than nothing. Ask Stella." Marinette told him. "I'm taking a shower." She swept her clothes into her arms swiftly and walked into her ensuite, casually ignoring his presence.
When he heard the water, Adrien took a deep breath, stood up and glanced in Marinette's full length mirror. His hair was a mess, sticking up a little at the back. His eyes looked fatigued from spending the night on a couch and his clothes were wrinkled. He tried his best to smooth them out  but his efforts were mostly in vain. Sighing, he left her room and went downstairs.

"Hey, Stella!" He smiled as he saw the girl. She looked stunning, wearing a pale peach crop top and high waisted shorts. A large sun hat and sunglasses waited by a pair of gold, strappy heels. "Marinette said to ask you for breakfast?"
"The croissants?" She asked, getting up. He nodded. "Sure." She smiled at him. He was cute enough, she supposed, but he wasn't her type. Not many boys were. Still, she could appreciate what Marinette saw in him. She bent down to grab the croissants from Marinette's cupboard and placed one on a plate, surrounding it with a handful of grapes, some strawberries and a few raspberries. Adrien's eyes lit up and he took it from her eagerly, sitting to eat as she made them coffee. "Sugar? Milk?" She asked.
He shook his head. "I'm not allowed coffee. I can only have fruit juice."
She laughed. "Stuff your rules. Coffee will help, trust me." She dumped two heaped spoonfuls of sugar into half a mug of coffee and stirred vigorously. Handing him the mug, she struck up conversation and sat carelessly on the table, sipping her own coffee. "So, how're you and Marinette?" She asked him, winking at him conspiringly.
He had just taken a mouthful of the foul brown liquid and spat it out, partially from the question, partially from the taste. "What on earth do you mean?" He yelped.
She laughed. "She likes you, duh. She let you sleep in her room. And clearly you like her- for a start, you're blushing like crazy."
At his comment, his blush deepened further.
Stella laughed again. "Point proven."
Adrien turned and looked up as he heard the door close. Marinette rolled her eyes as she walked in. Adrien felt a lump in his throat and swallowed as he saw her. Her face was flushed from the warm shower, her hair pulled quickly into a messy bun. She wore a denim, blue miniskirt with buttons all down the front; a tight, cropped black top; and an oversized white shirt pulled lazily on top, falling to just above the hemline of her skirt. A slim black choker wound itself around her neck and she had applied a thin line of black eyeliner and a coat of mascara. He blushed again and Stella smirked.
"Have you been terrorising my guests again?" Marinette reprimanded her housemate teasingly.
Stella grinned guiltily. "Nawwww, I'd never do that." She laughed. "I just gave Adrien his first cup of coffee."
"So you have been terrorising him, then?"
"Not everyone hates coffee."
"I'm afraid I'm with Marinette on that one." Adrien laughed. "That was foul."
Stella shook her head. "What am I going to do with you two?"
"Leave us alone?" Marinette shot back heartlessly.
Her housemate pouted. "You wouldn't want me to leave you. You love me really."
Marinette giggled- she had an adorable laugh, Adrien thought- and wrapped her arms around her friend. "I do, and you know it."
"And if it wasn't for me, you'd never got to uni on time. Now eat your breakfast!" Stella ordered.

{bonjour, minna-san:)
I have a French test tomorrow😫and when I was running through it Th my mum, I accidentally said "ich habe" instead of "j'ai" and now I'm paranoid I'm going to start talking in German in the actual test. I take both😐🙃}