t r e i z e

"Alya's here!" Stella called up to Marinette, who was working on Chloe's dress still.
"Come on up!" Marinette replied, pushing the scissors away from her forcefully.
Soon, Alya and Stella were in her room, bubbling with excitement. Marinette unzipped the dress and tugged it gently from the manikin, handing it to Alya. "Do you want to try it?"
Alya nodded and left the room to slip into the purple garment.
Shortly, she returned. "It's lovely!" She grinned.
"It's great, Marinette." Stella agreed.
"I'm a useless designer." Marinette sighed.
Alya raised an eyebrow and shot a confused look to Stella behind Marinette's back.
"She's feeling a bit down." Stella mouthed.
"Can I see Chloe's so far?" Alya asked.
"It's hideous. It's what she wanted but it's hideous." Marinette warned, before pulling a clothed manikin from her wardrobe. The dress had a pastel pink bodice with a sweetheart neckline and hundreds of tiny diamanté gems hand sewn onto it, cascading with an ombré effect down the dress. The skirt was several layers of tulle on top of an opaque underskirt for modesty. There were around ten layers of hot pink material, giving the skirt an extremely full tutu effect. It wasn't hideous, exactly, but it wasn't particularly pleasant either.
"It isn't hideous, its... interesting. Not your usual style."
"It's what she wanted." Marinette sighed. "And I hate it! Should I just make something else?"
"Less tulle. Have a couple of layers, add straps and an over skirt in the same material as the bodice. It'll look kind of like the fifties or forties dresses that are so popular at the moment."
Marinette looked at Stella, stunned. "You're a genius."
"Well, thank you." Stella winked. "And are you working on yours?"
"No, I'm leaving it for a while. Adrien said I should model my dress for Gabriel's company so I need it to be perfect and I want him to agree to my design."
"I'm sure he will. If you don't mind, I'm going to take Alya out, we'll just be in town if you need us. And no blood on the dresses." Stella added a warning as she hugged her friend.
She turned around and grabbed Alya's hand, who blushed, before waving to Marinette and leaving her room.
Marinette smiled a little at the couple. "Cuties." She whispered under her breath before turning back to her work. Grabbing her seam ripper, she ripped through several layers of stitching so she could easily pull of several layers of the tulle. Soon, she was left with just three layers, almost like a hot pink petticoat. She turned the dress on its head and seam ripped the tubes for the structural support for the skirt, quickly removing it so the dress fell to just below the knee. Grabbing her pattern, she sketched out the skirt shape onto the pastel fabric used for the bodice, as per Stella's suggestion. She lay the fabric with the right side touching the bodice, as if it had been pulled up, and sewed a tight zigzag stitch over the seam before flipping it back over. This gave the skirt a lot more volume, and, as desired, it was now a shade shorter than the petticoat, giving it a layered effect. She bit her lip in indecision before making one final decision. She took a lovely white translucent material with a little shimmer and formed it into an illusion neckline for the dress. It was considerably nicer than the original dress, to the extent that Marinette could even see that it looked acceptable. She smiled and placed it back on the manikin, shoving the two completed dresses to the corner of her room.
Now to work on her own.
Taking a deep breath, she pulled out her manikin, the one she kept specially, that had been made specially for her seventeenth birthday in her precise measurements. It had seen a lot of love in the ten months she had owned it, and she treasured it above all her other possessions.
She of course also had patterns for each style of dress in her size, so delved into her drawer, pulling out a plain Jewel neckline bodice and an asymmetrical skirt pattern. Sorting through her closet of material, she finally found the perfect material. She sketched around the patterns, cut and pinned the fabric in place around the manikin before moving to the sewing machine. She placed the three bodice parts right sides together and used a zigzag stitch to attach them securely at the sides, before moving onto the skirt. This was a simple matter of sewing halfway up the seam, then attaching an invisible zip into both the skirt and centre of the back of the bodice. Once finished, she carefully turned it inside out and pulled it onto the manikin.
Then, she moved to adding the detail. Carefully, she hand stitched black lace onto the side and front of the skirt and bodice, before attaching a few tiny beads in clusters in a few areas. She placed this on the manikin and smiled at the three garments. Maybe she could allow herself to be proud for once.
But no. For the moment she smiled, the memories came flooding back.

tears glisten in
his emerald eyes
don't leave
don't say good bye
too late
too late to save
both you and him
no hope left
beyond redemption
tears glisten in
his emerald eyes
don't leave
don't say goodbye.

{poetry is not my usual style
I was planning to update on Friday, but you all wanted updates
So here you go
Imma go work on chapter fourteen now

I had someone follow and unfollow me ten times this morning. That was ten emails. And I'm still on 99 followers😂
Oh! I am working on an edit of the three girlies. I've maybe almost finished maybe
Check out my Instagram for WIPs, I think the link is in my bio? If not, just comment and I'll tell you my usernames x}