o n z e

Trigger warning for this(and future) chapter(s)!!

A quiet knock sounded on her door, followed by a soft, feminine voice. "Marinette, are you okay? You've been in here for hours."
Marinette ignored the girl outside her room.
Stella sighed and left.

A few minutes later, the door swung open and Stella strode in. "I don't care if you're busy, I don't care if you don't want to see me. I'm here for you." She , handing Marinette a warm hot chocolate. "Have some chocolate. It makes everything better."
Mari eye looked up from her position cross legged on the floor and took the steaming mug, sipping quietly. "I don't like it." She said.
Stella sat beside her. "What don't you like?"
"Alya's dress. It's a mess and I hate it." She pointed to the gown.
Stella ran her overly critical eye over the garment. It was a gorgeous deep purple, with a sweetheart bodice and halter neck. It was clearly fifties-inspired, with a shin length skirt over layers of black tulle petticoats. There was some simple embroidery and beading around the neckline.
"Marinette, it's lovely."
"Don't lie to me Stella. It's ******* ugly."
Stella raised an eyebrow. "Don't use such language, missy. What happened?" She asked, raising a hand to Marinette's forehead.
"I yelled at Chat Noir again."
"You have a fever, that can't be it."
"I told him I didn't love him."
"And you do?"
"I don't know. But he was crying, Stella. I made him ******* cry. What the **** is wrong with me?"
Stella wrapped her arms around the girl and pulled her onto her lap. "Marinette. There is nothing wrong with you. You can completely tell people that you don't love them if you don't. Your happiness comes first."
"But I'm not happy, Stella! I made a mess of this."
Stella pulled the hat and sunglasses off Marinette's head. "No. You didn't. You spoke your mind."
"I hate myself."
"No you don't." Stella sighed. "You hate a thing you did. You made a mistake. If I know Chat Noir, he will be back this week. You can apologise to him then."
"But what if he doesn't come back?"
Stella smiled ruefully at the girl's head. "Stop overthinking everything. Have a shower and go to bed."
"I don't want to. I can't sleep. He's always here and I want him with me." Marinette moaned.
"Have a shower and go to bed." Stella repeated.
"Do I have to?"
"Yes. Seriously, Marinette. When did you get such an attitude?"
Marinette told the other girl to go away in a rather rude manner.
Stella raised an eyebrow. "Have a shower and go to bed, Marinette." She repeated a final time before leaving.
Marinette had a shower and pretended to go to bed, for Stella's benefit, before returning to her cross legged position on the floor. Taking her fabric chalk pencils, she began to sketch out a pattern for Chloe's dress on black velvet.
Reaching for her scissors she began to cut the fabric, leaving plenty of seam allowance before pinning it onto her manikin.
She looked at the work in progress and swore. "I'm such a ******* idiot. It looks like **** and I should die." She muttered. "Why did I agree to this? I'm he worst designer in the class. I never deserved Chat in the first place. Maybe it's good that I brushed him off. He doesn't have to put up with me anymore. I never deserved him in the first place." She spoke the words softly, not noticing as she raked the sharp blade of the scissors systematically across her wrist, deep enough to draw crimson beads of blood. "What am I even doing here? I don't deserve to be alive, let alone to have a ******* superhero watching over me." A slightly crazed giggle escaped her lips.
Stella had just left the toilet along the corridor when she heard Marinette laughing and quietly insulting herself. Biting her lip, she pushed the door open and barged in. The moment her eyes adjusted to the dim lack of lighting, she strode forward and tried to wrench the scissors from Marinette's hand. Red anger flashed in Marinette's eyes and she wheeled on her friend, brandishing the scissors. Stella gripped the girl's wrist tightly and finally managed to successfully take the scissors away.
"Marinette! What the **** do you thinking you're doing? I said to go to bed! I knew this would happen! You can't do this!" Stella yelled.
Tears blossomed in Marinette's eyes. "Don't shout. I don't like it!" She cried softly.
"Marinette, I just want you to be safe! I'm yelling because I'm scared." Stella yelled, trying to soften her voice a little. She walked around the room and confiscated all sharp objects from Marinette's room, placing them under lock and key in her safe before returning and turning on the light. "Give me your wrist." She ordered.
Marinette pouted and tried to squirm away, but Stella grabbed her arm and pulled it towards her. She grabbed an anti-bacterial wipe and cleaned the wounds, even as Marinette hissed and yelled in pain. Once it was clean, she placed a sterile dressing on the neat wounds and wrapped a bandage tightly around it to secure the dressing in place.
"Now go to bed, Marinette, goddammit. You're not thinking straight. I will get you in the morning." Stella snapped, hauling the girl into her bed, covering her and turning out the light. Quietly, she returned to Marinette's bedside and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. She didn't trust the girl and so chose to sleep on the sofa bed that night. "Be safe." She whispered. "So many people love you, darling."

{okay, so this is by far the longest chapter yet. It is a bit triggering, but I said this book could be so...
Also, sorry that Marinette is getting a bit rude with her language. I starred it because I personally am not comfortable with swearing. Sorry if you aren't either, I just felt it was what needed to happen.
I said I wouldn't update this quick, but I wrote this chapter nice and quickly, so I'm pleased about that! Don't expect such quick updates next time😂😏}