n e u f

Marinette sat up and rubbed her eyes. She had no recollection of the previous night, merely remembering that she had just started her new dress. She assumed that she must have fallen asleep at her work bench again, but her teeth were brushed, her hair was braided and she was in her bed.
"Sleep well?" A voice drifted down to her from her skylight and she glared up at the superhero.
"What do you care?"
He laughed. "So grouchy. Nothing like last night."
She blushed and thought over his words. "Wait- what happened last night?" She questioned, a hint of panic in her voice. When she was incredibly tired, she knew she began to act a little differently, often as if she were drunk. Her mind zoomed into overdrive as she tried to think what could have happened between her and the cat when she was drunk on fatigue.
"Well, I definitely remember 'Je t'adore', to say the least."
"Sh-- sugarcube." She hissed. "What did I do?"
He laughed again, deciding to stop teasing her. He jumped down to her side and wrapped his arms around her good-naturedly. "Nothing, Mari. You just fell asleep when I was braiding your hair so I put you to bed."
She sighed in relief. "Quel jour est-il?" (What day is it?)
"C'est samedi." (It's Saturday)
"Saturday? Wow- I thought I had another day á college."
"Non, you can spend the whole day avec moi." He teased. (With me)
"Chat, you know I have to get these dresses done."
"Well, I also know that you have to relax at some point!"
"But I don't have th-"
"I don't care."
"But-"
"No buts. I'm going to take you to the spa today."
She blushed. "But Chat, I can't let you do that!"
"I want to, cherie."
"But- but-"
"No. I don't want to hear it." He interrupted, placing a finger gently on her lips. "Now go and get ready for today."
Realising he wasn't taking no for an answer, Marinette sighed but obediently walked into her bathroom to ready herself for the day. After quickly washing, she brushed her fair until it was completely knot free and pulled half of it into a small pony-tail. With this section of hair, she twisted it into a top knot on the crown of her head. Unsatisfied with the look, she tried a few more styles before simply letting it fall around her face in gentle waves from the braid the previous night. Unwilling to apply too much make-up if she would only remove it for the spa treatments, she dabbed on a little concealer under her eyes, used her finger to tap lipstick onto her cheeks as blush and applied a coat of waterproof mascara. Next, she grabbed her clothes for the day and changed quickly into a dropped hem, monochrome maxi skirt; a cropped, black halter neck shirt; strappy black wedges; she grabbed a black felt hat, a pair of large sunglasses and a huge black handbag and she was ready. Hurrying downstairs, she quickly joined Chat Noir, Alya and Stella, who were sitting together at the dining table, eating breakfast. Chat stood up when he saw her and handed her a steaming mug of hot chocolate. She smiled warmly at him and took a sip before placing it on the table and grabbing some breakfast.
"So, Alya, Stella, I see you have met Chat Noir." Marinette began cautiously.
Alya raised her eyebrows and winked at the girl. "So, what is happening between you two?" She asked, pointing at Marinette and Chat.
He laughed. "What's happening between us? Well-"
"Nothing." Marinette interrupted firmly. Chat's face fell slightly but he quickly masked the flicker of sadness that passed over his features.
"Really?" Alya drew out the word, clearly sceptical of Marinette's response.
"Well, he insists on taking me to the spa." Marinette sighed, rolling her eyes.
"So not really nothing then." Alya laughed.
"You girls can come if you want." Chat muttered sullenly.
Stella smiled brightly at the black-clad superhero. "Thanks, but we were going already. We'll leave you alone."
An expression of confusion flitted across Alya's face. "What?" She whispered.
"I don't want Chat to pay for us but I want to spy on them." Stella whispered back with a wink.
Alya laughed.
"What?" Marinette said blankly.
"Uh, nothing." Alya lied. "I was laughing at- um-"
"Your flirting." Stella interrupted before getting up. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I have to find Alya something to wear."
"Oh, Alya, do you want to try on your dress?"
"Yes! Please! Is it finished?"
"Almost, maybe?"
"Mari, darling, much as I know you need to get this done, you promised me you wouldn't work today. You're coming to the spa. Sorry, Alya."
Alya sighed. "Okay."
"You can find the clothes you leave here if you want. You know where they are." Mari smiled and waved, even as Chat forcibly dragged her by the hand out of the door. "Byeeee!"

{goodness me, 3k reads and almost 300 votes already? You guys are amazing! Please keep commenting, I love hearing from you❤️ also, if I haven't translated anything, please tell me! I'm almost inadvertently adding in the French now.
Just in case you were interested, I'm currently attempting to read a French miraculous fanfiction. I've only got through the blurb and introduction so far (and honestly, I'm not convinced the writing is entirely the best) but I think it is going to help my French grade so much- if I can read a story in French, I can sure as hell write a short essay and read some simple texts on topics we have studies. The show itself has helped my listening and pronunciation a huge amount.
Now I just need a German show😂I'm doing so much worse in German. In our recent exams, I got two Ds in German, compared to an A* and a B in French....
Anyway, I'll stop rambling now, and hopefully I to sleep, given that it is half past eleven and I have to get up early for a school trip tomorrow. Oops}