Midnight Call

The room was dark and silent.. With but the light hints of quiet breaths sounding into the night. Everything lay motionless in the girl's dormitory.. Except the snake in the Gryffin's den. I had been very restless these past days, just when I had finally fallen asleep I was awakened by a tapping on my window. Unable to open it the way I could at Beaubatons had to sneak outside. Putting on my cloak, slowly creeped downstairs and finally exited through the painting.

It was quite frosty now, but refreshing in its own charming way. Hogwarts was quiet.. Quite a relief to be honest. Soft steps carried me to the courtyard where I was able to meet the owl. Instructed to burn the message the moment after I read it, decided to read it outside. My eyes focused into nocturnal slits as I read the following message.

" Get close."

I hissed. Such a short, vague, yet direct message. Padfoot wanted me to get closer to Umbridge.. I knew this would tear me farther away from Harry and the others.. But what else was I to do?

"Out for a Midnight Stroll?"

It was Severus, " Good evening professor.." I greeted formally.

He read my optics well, "They want you to get closer to the viper's teeth." He said with indifference.

"The closer I get to the Snake.. The farther I get from the Griffin." I sighed deeply. "I don't want to do this anymore.."

He placed a comforting hand atop my shoulders, "If there is any way I can help, let me know."