Near Death

I awoke in an empty hallway.. Darkness all around. Dressed in nothing but my night dress and cloak, could feel the bitter coldness as it froze my bare feet, piercing my soles and the tips of my toes.

Footsteps echoed in an eerie tune..
With no light, all I could see was blackness.

"Elizabeth.."

It was Tom. He called my name a few times more- and with each utterance he became louder and louder, until it was as if he was standing right next to me.

"Kill him.."

I jumped, startled at the abrupt request.

"Who..?" I asked the blackness that was the air. It was then a faint blue glow passed by right in front of us.

"Isn't that-" within a split second the floor came rushing up at me- my chin bumping against the cold hard floor. Worried for my teeth, attempted to reach for them to find I had no hands!

"Kill hhhhiimm"

And with that forceful order, my body moved, gliding across the floor. It was as if- I couldn't control my body.

I recoiled and struck Mr. Weasley in the legs, and the moment he dropped to the floor I struck again and again. His bloodied features made me dizzy- the metallic taste stung my tongue.

{No-Nononono}

I protested.

"You dare defy me!?" Tom's voice rang in my mind.

I couldn't tell whether this was real or a dream..but I all I knew was that I didn't want to end up in Azkaban again.. Not that dreaded place. "I DON'T WANA GO BACK!" I yelled in my mind. The voice that escaped was a bloodcurdling hiss.

I did my best to fight it off, but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse, "It'sss either hhiim- or Draco."

How was I to refuse!!

Against my will and good judgment, I coiled my serpentine figure around the man and squeezed him tightly.

"Do it.. NOW!!"

Tom's voice was deafening. I turned to Aurthor Weasley. My eyes locking onto his. { I really don't want to do it..} I mentally cried, " { -but he will kill him if I don't."}

The wizard nodded in understanding and closed his eyes, "Just make it quick." I was confused. It was as if he knew.. He knew it was me. The resolve in his eyes as he continued, "Elizabeth... It's alright. Don't be afraid."

Within a moments notice the echo of voices in the near distance broke the moment. To my relief I relaxed my coil as Tom looked on at me in disappointment. I feared for Draco..
I failed Tom.

A blink of an eye later I awoke in the hospital wing crying out for, "DRACO!!!"

But the person who was right next to me, was no other than the Potions Master. I screamed for a few moments longer, but he held me tightly, burying my face into his vest.

"I have to see Draco.." I kept repeating.

"He's gonna kill him he's gonna kill him.. I didn't do it.. I couldn't do it." I cried.

"Didn't do what? Kill who?" Snape pulled back and looked me in the eyes. When his eyebrows arched high seeing the snake like slits that drew the pupils of my eyes he placed a hand over them and uttered a soothing spell. "Relax your mind.." he whispered.

My body shook in fear, and trembled like a leaf as the coldness bit into my bones. "I couldn't kill Ron's Dad.. He said if I didn't he will kill Drake," I whimpered.

I knew Severus opened his mouth to speak, but his words were drowned with the rush of footsteps that charged into the ward.

"IZZY!"

Draco's voice echoed faintly as he was a distance away. I shot my vision in the direction of his voice, and here he was charging at full speed with Crabbe and Goyle at his heels.

"What happened!?" Draco demanded as he sat next to me, frowning at Severus as he pulled me into a comforting hug.

Knowing that they all were tied to the other side, and that Dumbledore was preoccupied with Potter, Severus prompted openly, " It was the Special Summons.."

Draco's body tensed, and even if his fellows didn't know what he was talking about, he did.

"We need to get rid of the charm." Severus made a reach for my necklace.

"If you do that then everyone will be at risk," I cried as I grabbed the wrist of the professor as he held onto my cat charm for I hadn't yet leaned to control my spastic type of magic.

"He will keep forcefully summoning you if you don't!"

I froze. Fearful eyes exchanged glances with Draco and the others. "Professor.. If you do this.. Then none of us will be safe, father will take it as an act of defiance and-"

When McGonnagall came rushing into the ward; the Potions Master let go of the charm and stood up.

"What's happening!?" She beckoned.

Draco's hands against my back felt very cold.. And.. Wet for some reason. I could sense tension as he pulled one hand back and blurted, "Blood.."