A Little Chat

"Ahk!" I gritted my teeth as Aunt Cissy dabbed at the bleeding scabs on my back with a warm menthol-herbal smelling cotton ball. She kept silent, almost as if she was lost in thought.

My eyes darted around the well lit kitchen, it was filled with fragrant plants and flowers. "I like what you've done to the place." My compliment fell on deaf ears.

Narcissa's mind wondered far and wide. Her son would be attending his noontime classes right about now.

Things were getting worst for them.. But they were in too deep to pull back now. With Elizabeth away from Hogwarts.. She had no alternative but to approach Severus Snape for aid.. But when?

"Leave us."

I looked up and stood as Tom walked in with all his arrogant glory.

"Well done," he clapped his hands as Aunt Cissy left the kitchen.

"We have inducted two Giant tribes thanks to you, you did well. I must say, buying the two halves of the mountain tribe was absolutely clever." Tom snickered, "It's as if they are fighting for us for free! Oh the deception!" His eyes looked down at the kneeling child, "You are good.

I bowed my head, quirked a smile, and knelt down on one knee, "Thank you father, for believing in me once again." I learned not to act so informally around others- it was a sense of respect you could say.

I could sense his evil smug smirk as he walked around to the window and paused at the counter next to the sink. I didn't get up until he spoke again,
"At ease it's just the two of us Lizzy" he had a tone of indifference.

Grimacing in pain as I pulled out a chair, plopped down and exhaled all the tension I held just moments before, and looked on at him as he spoke, "I know you're helping them.."

I kept a neutral canvas as I felt him probe into my mind. "I need to earn their trust if I am to be more... Useful to you." I added- neither denying my ties to Dumbledore or Harry and his friends. Tom seemed satisfied with my response, and as he paused I knew he was waiting for me to share what I had learned.

"They too were trying to convince the Giants to fight on their side- however they weren't successful," I managed a relaxed smile as I grabbed a stuffed bun from the basket and turned it in my hand. "I am suspecting that Harry and the others are training the students to fight-" I paused looking at Tom's thoughtful expression, "I have yet to confirm it though. I'll just use my ties to Umbridge for that- she hates the lot as much as we do."

I was surprised at my choice of words.. I couldn't believe I said I hated them.. Though.. Now at least.. I was aware of my sheer resentment towards the lot-Harry in particular. Then again, I guess it was a good thing that they excluded me in their secretive escapades. The less I knew, the less I could honestly reveal to Tom when I allowed him into my head. It was a way to build complete trust with Tom. And slowly he let me into his own mental labyrinth were we shared mental duels just for the fun of it.

Though it sometimes made me end up in a coma for a few days, I did learn a lot and added it to my arsenal. Today's duel didn't last much longer then an hour before I pushed him out of my mind.

"I'm impressed," Tom beamed as he placed a hand atop my shoulder. "You're going back to Hogwarts tonight, I want you to find out more about this secret army Harry seems to be training."

"It will cause a rift between me and Draco you know.." I uttered regrettably.

"If he loves you enough- he will understand."

I was surprised he used such a term. He- the Mighty Lord Voldemort.. Spoke of love for the first time in his life- or at least the life I knew him in anyway.

"Can I at least tell Draco? I don't want anymore.. Complications.. He needs to know I'm still on your side father." I looked up sincerely.

With a small but visible smile he nodded, "My daughter, I know you won't let me down." His last phrase seemed almost animated, but heavy-I never thought I'd hear him use such a soft spoken tone. But yet, then again.. How could I trust the sincerity of a two faced snake..? I hated always having to second guess the motives of my parents.. - Especially when they were being kind and "loving".

..I really hated it..

Harry was so lucky..

I now know why I resented him so..
He had EVERYTHING.. And yet.. He focused on what he didn't have.. Victimizing himself most half the time.. "I this- I that- Me-My- You don't understand!" his selfish words bit into the back if my mind.

He doesn't know what real pain is like..

"That whiny brat.."
~*~

I arrived via Thestral around sundown, and as my vision scanned across the courtyard I found George and Fred playing with a sparkling sizzling ball of flame- an animated firecracker per se. It really was cool, and it sparked my interest. I allowed my feet to carry me forward towards it, and stood behind the Weasley boy who wore the hidden necklace. It's golden chain peeked above his collar and tie.

My heart smiled as I watched, and for a split moment our eyes met. Fred was surprised, but smiled warmly back, and as George took over the sparkling ball, he turned my way.

Though no audible words were shared, Fred and I voiced a silent embrace as he squeezed my hands in his. It made my heart skip a beat- the way it did when Draco held my hands.. But this time.. It was much different. I didn't know what this strange feeling was, but it made me feel comforted and happy. It was a different kind of happy though.. One I never felt before.

It was almost as if.. I felt his happiness too.. He was happy to see me.

A moment later Umbrudge had diffused the excitement by taking the sparkling ball away, but grinning I decided to take it back. "..Sano.." I whispered my own invented spell as I pointed my wand discretely to the tip of hers. Then all at once the sparkling thing zapped back and I caught it in the palm of my hand and whirled around standing casually as if I was just watching the mischievous group before me.

The woman in pink looked back, but shrugged the wildness off. A few seconds later, I released the sparkling object into the air blowing on my smoking hands comically before waving at the twins and skipped off ahead. "I have to check in with the Headmaster."

I didn't bother looking over my shoulder to face my tentative audience of two red heads, I just knew someone had a stupidly amused grin upon his face.

George elbowed his brother teasingly, "What was that all about..?" He smirked.

Fred just grinned, staring at the girl as her figure shrank out of sight, "Hehe.. I don't really know."