Forgive & Forget (Ron x Lavender Fanfic)

Seventh

+++

"Hermione, what exactly had happened again?" Ron asked for at least the fourth time.

"Honestly, Ron?" Hermione sighed.

Ron gave her a pleading look. She knew she had no choice. She took a long, deep breath.

"Harry told us where You-know-who was. So - "

"Still afraid of the name?" Ron asked her while wiping his wand.

"I'm sorry." Hermione apologized. Crookshanks leaped above her lap, purring.

"Should we continue?" She asked, stroking her pet's fur. Ron nodded.

"Hogwarts was really in a terrible chaos back then. I don't know what to feel - the heat of destructive explosions, the icy cold presence of dementors, or the pain I get seeing our love ones dying." Hermione paused for a while. The memories were still fresh inside her mind. Ron watched her quietly.

"I remember the situation. The Hogwarts I knew before has totally changed. I used to seeing students gladly entering its huge doors, eager to learn but it was different then. Even though death eaters were way stronger than us, we still fought them with courage." She said.

"Yes I know that. Please jump to the part I wanted." Ron asked, putting his wand on the table. She sat beside Hermione on the hospital bed.

"Okay... We went outside the school and met some acromantulas and giants. I remember you stammering. You don't know which spell to use. You really panicked." They both grinned.

"But, after that, we saw a death eater called Fenrir Greyback." Hermione stopped, deciding whether to continue the story or not. Besides, it was her 4th time telling this so it didn't matter anymore.

"Do you know who his opponent was then?" She asked.

"My... My girlfriend." Ron told her. "Lavender." He said.

Hermione felt a prick directly through her heart but she didn't know why. No. Maybe, she knew.

"Then?" Ron asked.

"We're too late. Greyback already had bitten her. Not just that, he also had severed her. Then I stupefied him." Hermione said. The pain still lingered in her heart but she didn't let Ron notice.

It was becoming clearer to Ron. He thought he already remembered it.

"You ran towards her, she's barely alive. You're crying then, you won't believe she's... dying. Do you remember what she said?" Hermione said.

"What?" Ron asked.

"Goodbye, Ron. I will miss you." Hermione said.

"You can't help but cry harder after that. She has nothing to do but to..."

"What? Ron asked again.

"She cast a spell against you, Ron, before she said that you have to forget her." Hermione told him, worried.

"Obliviate."

Ron doesn't need to let Hermione continue. He knew now.

He was kneeling against Lavender who then spoke, "I will always love you, Ron." Tears fell down her pale cheeks, before her eyes closed. He didn't know why. He didn't know the girl at all.

Hermione looked at him earnestly. She believed Ron won't ask the same story again.

Harry and Ginny entered the room. "Mom was waiting outside." Ginny said. Harry hugged Hermione and tapped Ron on his shoulder. They left except Hermione. She is still sitting on the bed.

"Seeing you crying so hard really kills me inside. Of course I can't tell you that. I just hope one day, you'll realize that I am just here, waiting." She whispered.

Ron's image flashed inside her mind.

Crookshanks purred.

She wiped the tears on the corner of her eyes.

She left the room.

+++

Hello there! A potter fanfic from an obsessive potterhead. Haha! Don't forget to comment or vote if you like :)

Share it to the potterheads you know ♥