The Chase

Tenth

+++

"LET ME GO!"

Her shrill voice broke in the middle of the starless night.

Barefooted, she carelessly ran beneath the curtain of darkness. She didn't dare to have a quick glance behind; the monster was horribly getting closer. Cold sweat streams from her forehead, soaking her entire face. She couldn't stop; it was like her feet were acting with its own accord.

"Please. Please. Please."

She's muttering to herself. Her eyes are shaking and so was her vision. Her legs were starting to get numb from the tiring leaps and sprints. Her lungs seem to get exhausted, greedy for air to breathe. Her blaring heartbeats compete with the sound of her footsteps - the roar of the monster was earsplitting.

"A weapon. Yes. What weapon? Wait. Wait. Weapon..."

She can't focus her mind properly. The icy breeze swept through her skin that gave her shivers. She searched everywhere, on the trees, through the grasses, and across the massive walls for a weapon but she couldn't find anything. For the last time, the monster growled louder than before. She looked back and her eyes widened.

She tried to move and tripped on a huge tree root, thus, falling on the ground. The monster was walking slowly to her, its deadly fang showing. Then, she noticed something at her left. A sword. It was shining brightly, as if inviting her to use it. She held the sword against the monster bravely.

"You! Dare to touch me or I will KILL you!" She warned the monster.

+++

He and his wife were stunned at the sight of the lady in a dirty white dress. His wife held is hand. The lady was holding out an old branch of tree at someone they believe only she can see.

"Is that our neighbor?" His wife asked.

"Yes. She became... like that after her son died and her husband left." He said.

The lady ran as fast as she could, hoping that somewhere, she will finally find someone to lend her a help.

+++

Thank you for reading! Please vote or comment if it caught you. Haha! Please come back for more...

-junellogist x