Chapter Nine

Early update, I know. But you all deserve this chapter and you deserve the early update. This is when things start to take off, sorry if anything was slow from before. I know this situation is very out of blue and there was no foreshadowing for this, but I planned it in a few chapters ago when I was writing them. I"m sorry it's so upsetting, but I just wanted to say thank you so much for all of the support. 

This isn't happening. This can't be happening. This wasn't supposed to happen. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. No. What am I going to do? Please, God, this can't be happening. No.

You're probably wondering what happened. The question is what didn't.

Let's reverse six hours. I was sitting on the toilet, silent tears streaming down my face. “This has to be a heavy period,” I whispered. “It has to be.” It seemed nearly impossible for it to be a period. I'd always been relatively light with almost no cramps at all. But this...this was frightening. I was bleeding more than I ever had, sharp pains erupting in my lower abdomen.

I have to tell my mom. I have to. This isn't normal. The thoughts kept running over and over in my head. I finally gave in. I stuffed toilet paper into my underwear, hiked up my pants, and exited the bathroom. A sudden sharp pain took my breath away and I doubled over, biting my lip to keep from screaming. “Mom!” I called, choking on dry sob.

She rushed in, wiping her hands on a dish towel. “Violet!” she gasped at the sight of me. “What's wrong?” I explained to her and she rushed me out to her car, strapping me into the passenger seat. I groaned in entire way to the hospital, the pain becoming unbearable. Mom was on the phone with my dad when I was wheeled into the emergency room, sweat and tears making my hair stick to my face.

When I was admitted they transferred me over to a hospital bed. “Help me,” I cried, clutching my lower abdomen. A nurse began sliding my jeans down to my knees. There was blood everywhere. It was dried against my thighs and fresh blood was still seeping through my already stained underwear.

“Violet, honey, I'm Becky. I'm your nurse until the doctor comes to see you. Now, Violet, is this the normal time for your period?” she asked, typing something into a computer.

I moaned and then answered her. “No, not for another week or so...” I began to trail off as another sharp pain caused me to sit up and scream. She gently pushed me back down and wheeled over an ultrasound machine. “What?!” I exclaimed.

She began setting up the machine. “Don't worry, honey, this is just a procedure to make sure you have no erupting ovaries or cysts,” she explained. My mom gripped my hand as she stood next to my bed, her other hand placed over her mouth.

Becky squirted that gel stuff that you see in the movies onto my stomach and began moving the instrument around, squinting at the screen. She tapped a few buttons on a keyboard and her eyes widened. “Oh, God.” Becky rushed over to a call machine on the other side of the room. “I need a doctor, stat.”

My mom looked around the room frantically. “What? What's going on?”

Becky bit her lip as if she was deciding whether or not she should say it. “Your daughter she's--”

Just then an older, taller male doctor came in, a clipboard in his hand. “What seems to be the problem?” he asked, looking at the screen picked up the instrument she was just using. They were both silent as my mother kept asking what was going on. Everything became fuzzy as Becky stated that I was losing a lot of blood.

“Get her into labor and delivery as soon as you can,” he said casually, writing something on the clipboard.

It felt as if all the air had been taken from my lungs. “Wh-what do you mean labor and delivery?” I asked, sitting up slightly. The pain kept getting worse. This wasn't happening to me.