Part 4

Demi spent the rest of her night and morning trying to contact her husband. She went by his job he wasn't there, she asked around mostly to his friends to get an insight of where he could be and none of them seemed to know the answer.

She threw herself onto her hotel room bed, letting out a frustrated Huff. She called her lawyer who she was supposed to be meeting within an hour to discuss what she was going to do. Megan's face was plastered on every television and talked about on every radio station around the country.

Her family had called her earlier that morning saying they were catching a flight as soon as possible to come down and be there with her. But that was the last thing she wanted. Because when her family comes down to visit drama follows them. Drama that she didn't need or want.

Demi got up from her bed grabbing her purse and heading out to her car. When she noticed a man sitting in his car looking directly at her. She stared for a moment and when he noticed she was looking right at him he shifted his gaze elsewhere nervously.

Demi stumped across the parking lot her hand balled into fist. Her eyes blazing fire as she yanked his driver's side door open. "Who the hell are you and why are you following me?" She demanded.

He sighed in defeat, pulling out his badge, "I'm officer Tyler, you're currently under investigation. I was authorized to follow you for protective reasons." He lied smoothly.

"I don't need your protection! Instead of following me around you should be out looking for my daughter!" She hissed, slamming his door shut.

Demi was furious, she got in her car she drove to the law firm knowing he was still following her. When she was done she was going to make sure to go to the police station and demand that Tyler stop invading her privacy.

"Can you tell me everything that happened yesterday evening when you arrived home?" He asked, braxton was one of the top attorney's of the country and her long time friend.

"There were police cars and reporters everywhere. My home was barricaded. At first I didn't think it was my house, but as I got closer I seen police tape outside my home. I was stopped by officer Morgan upon entering my home and he told me I can't be there because he didn't want me to contaminate evidence." She explained bitterly.

"When I entered the home there was glass everywhere my house was trashed. One thing I did notice that frightened me a bit was the fact that all of my family portraits and pictures were cracked open and my face was scratched out. And Megan's face had an x over it." Demi felt the familiar fear creeping up on her.

"That's all for today." Braxton stopped her, "I'll get pictures from the crime scene. You don't talk to anybody unless I'm there and you don't share any of this information with anyone Okay? Not even your family."

"They're on their way." Demi said, "Why can't I tell them?" She enquired.

"You can't risk them leaking anything to the media. Demi I hate to be the barrier of bad news. I know this is a really tough time for you, but, you're going to be pinned as a suspect because you were the last one to see Megan." He stated seriously.

"This is ridiculous!" She slammed her fist down on the table causing it to shake, "I would never do anything to hurt my daughter I love her!"

Demi felt a sudden wave of nausea hit her and she rushed to the trash can. She was so upset and stressed her stomach couldn't handle it.

Braxton got up from his desk, holding Demi's hair as she emptied the contents of her stomach. "Demi I know things are hard right now. You have to take care of yourself! When was the last time you've eaten?"

She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, standing up, "Breakfast yesterday. I didn't have time to eat lunch or dinner."

He sighed grabbing his coat, "We're going to get some food come on."

"Wait!" she stopped him, "There's something else."

"Come on out with it!" He urged impatiently.

Demi chuckled nervously, her fingers suddenly becoming very interesting, "I'm pregnant." She whispered.

Braxton froze, not quite believing his ears, "You're what?"

She growled clearly annoyed, "I'm pregnant!"

Braxton leaned against the closed door, his head towards the ceiling, "This changes everything demi, is there anything else you want to tell me?"

"Well, " she laughed, "Wilmer and I are getting a divorce."

Silence filled the room as he began pacing, "This isn't good. They can use this against you. Say you've gone off the wall again. With the divorce and killed your daughter."

Demi felt the wind get knocked out of her as she used the table for support, "Kill her? Are you insinuating that Megan's dead?"

He paused searching for the right words to say, "Demi the first twenty four hours of a missing person case are crucial.. The way your house was left and what you explained-"

"No, don't you dare finish that sentence braxton! I will fire you and find a lawyer elsewhere." Demi's voice was devoid of emotion, which worried braxton even more.

Not for his sake but for hers, something changed about demi, and it wasn't a good change.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Okay, I won't say anything."

Braxton phone rang and he pulled it out of his pocket answering it. Demi watched intently as braxton went into full business- lawyer mode. And whoever was on the other line wasn't giving him good news. His voice was hushed and he turned around his back facing demi as he continued to talk.

After what felt like an hour he was finally off the phone and turned to face demi. A grave, sympathetic look on his face. He took a step forward to reach for her but she took an even bigger one back.

"Just tell me I can handle it." She found herself saying the same words she had just spoken only 16 hours ago.

"Your husband was found." He stated his expression turning dark.

"Oh, that's all? I thought it was about Megan." She dismissed grabbing her purse, "Now how about that food?"

"No demi, I don't think you understand what I'm saying. Wilmer was found this morning," he inhaled sharply, "Dead."

And that's when her world officially came crashing down.

____________________________________

Shit just got real !!!