Part 8

Two weeks went by and she felt as if Megan's case was going nowhere. No leads, no potential suspects that she knows of. Everything was quiet, the police station was quiet. Wilmers autopsy came back and he died of a drug overdose. He was injected with heroin, enough to kill him.

She was puzzled by this, why would they kill him by using drugs. She knew her husband and he hated drugs and when she was doing them he kept his distance from her.

She was trying to pin his death and Megan's disappearance together. They were connected some how, but what?

The Surveillance demi got ahold of thanks to her connections showed him walking into a motel room across town the day of his death around seven in the morning and the only people that she saw that were in and out of his room was room service.

She was missing something

Her brain was fried she couldn't watch the tape anymore so she shut her laptop throwing it on her bed. She paced around her room anxiously. She felt unsettled, wondering why this person didn't come for her and instead everyone around her.

The doorbell chimed and she frowned, glancing over to her clock seeing it was eleven PM. Who on earth would ring a doorbell this time a night demi thought.

As she made her way down the hallway her sister peeked out from her bedroom looking equally as worried. Once they got downstairs she looked through the peephole to see that there was a box sitting on her step.

Unlocking the door despite her sisters protest demi grabbed ahold of the box hauling it off the ground. It was heavy and she wondered what was in.

Tension filled the room as she shook with fear, demi got ahold of some scissor and cut the box open from the top. She peeled the tape off very slowly afraid of what was in side and as she opened it a foul smell filled the room.

It oozed out the box, filling her entire downstairs in a matter of seconds.

"God, what is that awful smell?" Her mother hissed fanning herself.

"I don't know but we're about to find out." Demi said.

Holding her nose she finally opened the box and her heart plumped In her chest as she got up from the floor vomiting in the nearby trashcan. Demi was shaking and violently sobbing.

Dallas screamed along with dianna both of the falling to the floor. Both of them mumbling prayers of protection to themselves. Demi finally got all of her strength and slowly edged toward the box.

She stared down at the goat head fear coursing her veins. It was on its side and blood was pouring from the neck that was cut clean off of it's body. By the decomposition of the animal it had been dead for a day or two at most.

Just tucked in the mouth of the goat was a note wrapped in some type of fabric. Something clicked inside Demi's mind as she eyed the piece of cloth in the animals mouth and that's when she realized..... it was Megan's, a shredded part of the shirt she was wearing the day of the kidnapping.

Demi closed her eyes and cringed as she put her hand deep within the box and pulled out the note that was stuffed in its mouth. She gagged repeatedly, its blood was all over her fingers.

She, despite her fear and another wave of sickness washing over her she pried it open using her arm to wipe the tears out of her eyes as she read it.

I am watching you, I am something that you see everyday. Im somewhere high and safe from the human eye.

What? She didn't understand it she hated riddles. She dropped the piece of paper her eyes scanning the room.

"Whoever is doing this is watching us."

She eyed the room warily and began scanning shelves and bookcase looking for anything that looked out of place.

"Demi we have to call the police!" Her sister yelled reaching for the phone, demi snatched it out her hand. The police couldn't help them, her main focus was finding that camera!

"We don't have time for that Dallas we need to find that camera!"

They spread out pulling her entire apartment apart looking for the hidden device. It was hours and there was still nothing. Just when demi was giving up hope she noticed there was a stuffed animal that she was given when Megan first disappeared, she remembered it was out outside her house where the visual was being held along with the other gifts.

Something wasn't right about its eyes and she stood on her toes, reaching for it and eyed it suspiciously. It was staring right back at her and she noticed a lens.

"Dallas!" She shouted, "Get me some scissors."

Her sister got them in lightening speed and demi cut the bears head right off causing a recording device to fall out of it.

"Oh my gosh." Her sister gasped her hand flying over her mouth.

"You sick bastered!" Demi hissed into the device, "I am not the victim! I will not let you control my life. I am coming for my daughter and I am not scared of you."

She threw it down on the floor stomping on it repeatedly until it was in a million pieces. She picked up a nearby lamp slamming it against the already broken device. Her anger seeping out of her, she had enough.

"Demi calm down."

"No," she shouted, ''Stay the fuck away from me the police aren't doing shit to help me, it's been weeks Dallas! weeks and I have yet to see a search party put together I am done. If I want my daughter I'm going to have to get her myself. And no one will stop me." She said walking towards the door, "And when I find him i will kill him."

"Let's be rational here!" Dallas chased after her sister, "Where do you even begin to look? We need help!"

"We find the delivery man, and im guessing that's him over there."
She pointed towards the ups truck.

"Still!" Her sister protested, "We have no weapons these people are dangerous."

"Wilmer has a gun." Demi said suddenly, "At our old house in the safe I need to get it."

Dallas shook her head, "Your House is under surveillance. They'll never let you in."

Demi smiled at her sister the dark glint in her eyes have dallas chills. "That's what I have you for." Dallas didnt know what demi was up to, but whatever it was she had a terrible feeling about it.