Part 11

The lovato- delagarza house was in a frenzie. Some would say they were going crazy with fear and guilt. Dianna hadn't gotten a wink of sleep since her daughter had been incarcerated. When the news got out that the police got a lead in the case the press went crazy. Magazine articles were published, blogs, radio stations, the six a clock news; everyone and their grandmother was talking about the case.

Dianna had to hire extra security because one morning when she opened the door to get her mail,  good morning la tried to trespass into her home for an unauthorized interview.

Braxton held a press conference, setting the record straight that the case was still open and they indeed are looking for suspects. That settled them down for which dianna was greatful for.

Now they all sat down in the living room discussing how they were going to proceed. Braxton finally explaining what was happening with the case.

"Demi is being transported to a county jail today. Bail still has not been posted. Im sorry to say this but it looks like we're going to court with this." Braxton informed solemnly.

Dianna let out a ragged breath her worst fears coming to life. "How can this happen? Demi is many things but she is not a killer!"

Braxton rested his hand ontop of hers giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I know, whoever is doing this is good. I'm afraid they had to have some inside help. Demi's hair was at the crime scene on wilmers clothes. They also removed a partial print and lip stick smudges that indicate that there was a women in his room. I argued that it could've been a prostitute but the DNA came back and its a 99.8% match to your daughter."

Dianna sat up from her chair, with shaky fingers she wiped the tears out of her swollen eyes. None of what Braxton said was making sense. Demi was at the grocery store. Yet there was no camera footage of her ever being there. Her credit card was not used at the grocery which was strange for demi to do. She rarely payed in cash because she once said she hated carrying alot of money around it made her feel uneasy.

So Dianna's question was, why this time? What was different  about this trip that made demi pay in cash. As a mother, theres two things that terrify you the most and you never want to happen to your child. The first is death, no parent should ever have to bury their kids. And the other is them going to jail.

Demi was thirty two, fifthteen years was basically the rest of her life that she would have to spend with criminals and killers. She didn't belong there.

"Mrs. Delargaza?" Braxton pulled her out of her thoughts which she was thankful of.

Demi's mother sniffled, taking the cigarette that he had offered. "Let's go for a walk shall we?"

They walked at a comfortable pace, silence filling the air. For several minutes until braxton spoke up. "I didn't want to say this in front of everyone. Because demi told me specifically not to tell you. But I'm afraid your daughter is pregnant. She should be eight weeks."

At the new revelation dianna abruptly stood in place looking up at the lawyer in disbelief. For several moments no words came out of Dianna's mouth. She stood there, unmoving. Fresh tears filling at the brim of her eyelids, she felt sick to her stomach. She stumbled a little Braxton quick on his feet. Helping her over to a nearby ledge where she could rest.

The pain in her chest resurfaced at the thought of demi being pregnant and having that baby in prison. Its a life that nobody should have to live. That baby is going to need its mother and dianna feared that demi would resent the child because it was apart of wilmer. And that brought back too many memories of how Megan was conceived and kept secret. History was repeating itself.