Part 6

"Are you ready?" Braxton asked her as they exit the car and took the short journey up her driveway and towards the house that still had police tape around it.

Demi finally was 'authorized' to retrieve her belongings from her home. She had a full night ahead of her. She rented a two bedroom apartment across town. The farther away she was from everything the better.

Braxton accompanied her , she didn't mind, the last thing she wanted was to be in that house alone. "Demi, its going to be a busy week. You have a funeral and a press conference to attend."

She continued taking her clothes off the racks not answering. She already knew this. And going to her husband's funeral was the last thing on her mind.

"Since there was no prenuptial agreement, you have rights to his funds and business. Everything is yours." Braxton said.

"I don't want it." She said , walking into the bathroom, "Give it to charity, sell it. I don't care just keep it away from me."

Braxton stood at the entrance door of the bathroom, "Do you honestly hate your deceased husband that much?"

She chuckled to herself, "I don't hate him. I just want nothing he left behind. I don't need reminders."

Demi was still packing her things and braxton knew what she was doing, avoiding it. Locking her emotions away and pretending she didn't care. That none of this was bothering her. She wanted to be strong, look strong when she really was as fragile as glass.

He took ahold of Demi's hand ceasing her movements, her breath hitched in her throat at the encounter, "I don't think I've seen you cry once since all of this happened. Since you found out the man you loved died."

She slowly turned around to face him, that's when she realized how close they actually were. She could feel his warm breath dancing across her lips as his Cologne invaded her senses. Clouding her mind.

She tilted her head, her eyes locking with his before leaning forward, whispering in his ear, "I don't have any tears left. I stopped feeling a long time ago braxton. I'm beyond numb."

She Turned around so her back was against his chest and continued to pack. Braxton was dazed, he didn't know what had just transpired between them. He didn't understand, where did this aloof demi come from?

Nothing was said as he drove her back to her, temporary home. The funeral was tomorrow and her family was arriving tonight.

Once demi was in the confinement of her apartment she breathed a sigh of relief. She was so tired and savored the silence that filled the house. Finally, she was alone.

She ran herself a bubble bath letting her skin soak in the warm water. Relaxing all her stiff muscles. Her family was staying in a hotel for tonight before her mother and sister moved in tomorrow. They didn't give her an estimate of how long they were staying.

She just wanted everything to be over. She frequently thought about how her life turned out the way it did. Why was fate so cruel? Not only was she about to attend her husband's funeral, also, her daughter was missing.

Some say she's dead.

Demi didn't know what to believe, the pieces weren't coming together as she thought they would. If Wilmer didn't do it, who did!

Her family arrived early the next morning eager to see her, to comfort her before the funeral. Dianna pictured in her mind how demi looked. She expected to see an awful, hysterical daughter when instead.

She had a smile on her face and she looked happy at least she seemed that way. She greeted them at the door with the brightest smile that had dianna and her family frozen in their place. Almost scared to enter. Her smile was sickening.