∞ 14

Chapter Song: Steal My Girl - One Direction

"Everybody wanna steal my girl, everybody wanna take her heart away..."

-

The California sun was beaming down on me heavily, making me sweat bullets as I rushed towards the dance studio to meet Portia. The GPS on my phone led me through the streets as I nearly bumped into everyone I walked past. Portia had reserved a dance studio room near campus. I was running late and I hoped that she wouldn't be upset. When I got to the studio, I looked up at the huge sign and read its fancy lettering. The place sounded familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on it.

I shrugged off my observance and barged into the place. Low, pop music was playing and the walls were filled with many pictures of famous dancers, actors and singers. The place was overall fancy with a waiting room with top scale furniture and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. That's when I realized why the studio had such a ring to it. It was huge in Los Angeles, it probably costed thousands to rent a room for a few hours. Celebrities were in and out of the place 24/7. Portia had to be pretty damn wealthy to obtain the place for even an hour.

Confused on where to go, I walked to the desk where a young lady was sitting professionally. She was typing something on a computer, but when she noticed me, she looked up and smiled. I explained to her about how one of my friends had a room reserved for us to practice. She looked up Portia's name on the list and then kindly led me to the room. I thanked the woman and walked in. "I thought you'd never make it," Portia said as she looked at me in the huge mirrors which spread across the wall.

She was stretching and she gave me a sly smile. "I'm so sorry! My girlfriend held me up," I answered honestly as I put my belongings down next to Portia's. "After class, I went to her place and she wouldn't let me leave until I told her how pretty her feet were and then when I did, she made me kiss them," I further explained. Portia let out a hearty laugh as she looked at me in disbelief. It sounded crazy, but Julian could somewhat be crazy sometimes. That's one of the things I loved about her. She could go from laidback to hyperactive in just a few moments.

"Do you guys have a foot fetish or something," Portia teased me. I joined her on the floor and began going through the stretches I usually do before I dance. It had been such a long time since I actually danced for a meaning. The last competition I was in was in high school. I was more than excited to take the stage again for something other than acting and singing.

"No! It's just that, honestly, she has really ugly feet. I told her that and she got offended and made me compliment them and kiss them. It sounds weird, I know," I admitted with a blush. Portia probably thought that I was some creepy b-tch. I looked at her to see her facial expression and it seemed curious.

"Who's your girlfriend? She sounds interesting, maybe I know her," Portia pried. I had no problem telling her that Julian was my girlfriend. She most likely knew her. Who didn't?  Even if people didn't know Julian personally, they've definitely heard of her name and adored her just because all of the championships she's led our team to.

"Julian Wang."

"The Julian Wang?"

"I guess so," I told the wide eyed Portia with a giggle. "She's the star basketball player of our team. She's led them to two championships since she's been here, and hopefully a third this year."

"Wow! I can't believe you're dating her! She's an amazing basketball player and she's extremely sweet and gorgeous."  For some reason, I felt jealous. Portia talked about Julian as if she was so spectacular. "I'm a big basketball fan so as soon as I moved here, I looked at her highlight reel and it was phenomenal! She plays like a professional!"