∞ 33

There were just a few more weeks until opening night of the play. The directors were on edge and so were some of the cast members but I tried my best not to stress about the show. Julian was right. I had the experience and skill. I proved my acting talents time and time again, so me performing this go around would be just like the rest and possibly even  better. Three was no need to worry myself with what ifs. "So, how's everything going with you and Julian," Z asked me backstage. We were taking our break. In this play, Z was lucky enough to land a role. It only got her a few minutes of stage time but she was more than excited to get her 'big break.'

"Julian and I are doing well. We're just taking things slow. She's really happy so I'm happy," I told Z. There wasn't much to go into with Julian and I's relationship. We were just making things work. It was like when two people first start dating. Sometimes it's kind of awkward and other times it's really cute. It was like we were doing things all over again, except when Julian and I first got together we were inseparable. Now, we gave each other space and it wasn't that bad. Having space between us made things even more worthwhile when we were finally together. "You know what? What about you, Z? You never talk about your love life," I changed the subject smoothly.

For the first time ever, a blush came up on Z's face. She looked as if she was shy or nervous, maybe both. I had never seen her act that way. "Who's the lucky guy," I teased her in a sing-songy voice. Right when I said that, Frankie popped up and joined in the conversation. She looked from me to Z awkwardly.

"What's going on here," she asked.

"Z has a boyfriend or some guy she's totally in-like with! As soon as I mentioned her love life, she got all googly eyed," I continued to tease as I gave Frankie the 411. Z and Frankie looked at each other, but it wasn't just any look. It felt weird. Z blushed harder and Frankie scratched the back of her neck. "What's going on, guys?" Now, I was hell of confused. What the hell was going on between them?

"We were waiting for the right time to tell you," Z started off. The right time to tell me what? A strange feeling took over my body. I felt like I was in a whole different dimension. What I felt didn't feel like real life at all. "You and Julian were going through a lot and I didn't want to stress you out even more. Right when you and Julian broke up, Frankie and I started dating."

"What," I screamed so loud that my voice echoed through the theatre. Nearly half of the people backstage looked our way. "But you're straight," I told Z matter-of-factly.

"I thought I was, but I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual now. Frankie and I always kind of gave each other winks and stuff behind everyone's back. We always flirted and we decided to take it to another level. We went out on a few official dates and that was that. We're together now."

"So, let me get this right. Z, you're bisexual and Frankie, you denounced your player ways to be in a committed relationship?" This obviously wasn't real. I reached over and pinched Z and she slapped my shoulder in response. My shoulder stung. This wasn't a dream at all. This was real life.

"We really been feeling each other for a while so we decide to give it a try," Frankie confirmed as she put her arm around Z's waist. Z smiled and turned to kiss Frankie. I really couldn't believe what I was seeing. Frankie went from having the hugest crush on me, to getting over me, to dating Z. This was just too much. "Honestly, it feels so good to get that off my chest. It was tiresome sneaking Z in all times of the night the past couple of months."

"Months," I repeated as I put my hands on my hips. The news had literally left me winded. I was breathing hard and my heart was beating fast. "So, you're the loud b-tch that keeps me up at night? Learn how to moan quieter," I told Z.

Z laughed at me before rolling her eyes. "Don't get mad at me because you're currently dryer than the Sahara desert."

I was about to open my mouth to make a comeback, but a new voice entered the conversation. "What's up, guys?" My heart dropped as I slowly turned towards the voice. Today couldn't get any weirder. Standing there, was Portia. I hadn't seen Portia in nearly a year and now here she was. We both just stared at each other awkwardly as Frankie pulled Z off away from us. They were probably about to have a quickie in the dressing room or something. I shivered. "Are you cold or something," Portia asked with a laugh.